The Student Room Group

GCSE results help!

Hi i got my GCSE results today. I got 1 A* 7A and 3B's

On my sheet i have both my English grades (both A's) but further down the list it shows another subject called: "English/English Lang.3B" and it gives me a separate grade with the number 5 instead of a letter.

Does anyone know what this means?
Is it another GCSE or just an error on my sheet?
Original post by adamravasz98

On my sheet i have both my English grades (both A's) but further down the list it shows another subject called: "English/English Lang.3B" and it gives me a separate grade with the number 5 instead of a letter.

I'm not sure, I would guess it's an administrative or modular thing. I wouldn't worry about it, but it might be worth asking your teacher when you get back to school.

that's basically a grade given for your speaking and listening controlled assessments which were earlier taken out of the english language gcse. it's basically a grade from 1 - 5 (with 5 being the highest) to reflect how you performed in the speaking and listening tasks. well done on getting 5!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanyapotter
that's basically a grade given for your speaking and listening controlled assessments which were earlier taken out of the english language gcse. it's basically a grade from 1 - 5 (with 5 being the highest) to reflect how you performed in the speaking and listening tasks. well done on getting 5!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, that makes some sense now, i remember doing it and it being pretty good on my speaking. Do you know weather this contributed to my other English grades or is it a separate grade? Thanks!

I got exactly the same results, what grades did you get in each subject?
Original post by Sacred Ground
I got exactly the same results, what grades did you get in each subject?

I got A* in geography,
A in English language, English literature, Maths, Additional science, German, R.E and D.T.
And i got B's in ICT, PE and Core Science.
What about you? :smile:
I got A* in geography,
A in English language, English literature, Maths, Additional science, German, R.E and D.T.
And i got B's in ICT, PE and Core Science.
What about you? :smile:

Ooh! They're some really good grades, I got:
A* - History
A - Geography, chemistry, English language, English literature, maths, RE, PE
B - Biology, physics, Human health and Physiology

What A levels are you doing next year?
Original post by Sacred Ground
Ooh! They're some really good grades, I got:
A* - History
A - Geography, chemistry, English language, English literature, maths, RE, PE
B - Biology, physics, Human health and Physiology

What A levels are you doing next year?

I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Physics and maths.
What about you :smile:

Geography, biology and psychology :smile:
I got a 5 too and similar grades to yours as well
Ah, that makes some sense now, i remember doing it and it being pretty good on my speaking. Do you know weather this contributed to my other English grades or is it a separate grade? Thanks!

It is a separate grade. (It used to be 20% of the GCSE but that changed this year.)

Speaking and listening has been scrapped so the 5 stands for band 5 for your speaking and listening grade.:smile:

Im doing that too, what exam boards? and what are you hoping to do in the future?

Btw, the english think is another grade... 5 is A/A*
Original post by German123
Speaking and listening has been scrapped so the 5 stands for band 5 for your speaking and listening grade.:smile:

Thanks for your help, i appreciate it. :smile:
Original post by Compost
It is a separate grade. (It used to be 20% of the GCSE but that changed this year.)

Original post by Angelo12231
Im doing that too, what exam boards? and what are you hoping to do in the future?

Btw, the english think is another grade... 5 is A/A*

All my A Levels are on OCR but i would have preferred AQA because it looks like they generally set the grade boundary's lower. Is yours on AQA?
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
All my A Levels are on OCR but i would have preferred AQA because it looks like they generally set the grade boundary's lower. Is yours on AQA?

im on OCR sciences :smile:

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest