The Student Room Group

Is an A* worth £65

I've been told I'm 1 mark off an A* in geography and if I want to remarked it will cost £65!! Is it worth it as I am taking it next year. I could also just get one of the two papers marked for half that still like £30 without knowing what the individual marks are.
Reply 1
It's up to you, though if your grade changes, you get the money back for the remark.
For a GCSE its absolutely not worth getting remarked. Will not make a difference for universities. Move your focus onto getting prepared for your AS levels.
Reply 3
Original post by sunnydespair
For a GCSE its absolutely not worth getting remarked. Will not make a difference for universities. Move your focus onto getting prepared for your AS levels.

I totally agree
Reply 4
Its not worth it as most people refer to A*/A grades rather than just A*'s
Lol, no.

Think of the ale....
Original post by 1.2.3.4.5
I've been told I'm 1 mark off an A* in geography and if I want to remarked it will cost £65!! Is it worth it as I am taking it next year. I could also just get one of the two papers marked for half that still like £30 without knowing what the individual marks are.

Is it possible for you to get photocopies back first? Then you'll have a better idea of which paper you might gain marks on.

I definitely would remark at least one paper if I was 1 UMS/Mark off.

Quick Reply

Latest