The Student Room Group

AS Level Grades on UCAS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carnationlilyrose

Hi.

Have you heard of 'uncashing'? I have heard it is possible for me to reject the grade so I don't have to declare it. Can you explain?
Original post by snikutsmullac
Hi.

Have you heard of 'uncashing'? I have heard it is possible for me to reject the grade so I don't have to declare it. Can you explain?

It used to be the case, but as far as I am aware, it no linger exists as an option.
http://forums.theia.org.uk/forums/topic/achievement-of-as-level/
is all I can find, but I will quote in a couple of others:

Minerva
It used to be the case, but as far as I am aware, it no linger exists as an option.

Is the U, bearing in mind it is in a completely unrelated subject, likely to hinder my chances of getting a university offer if all other aspects of my application are good?
Is the U, bearing in mind it is in a completely unrelated subject, likely to hinder my chances of getting a university offer if all other aspects of my application are good?

That doesn't appear to be the case from many people posting on here.
Hi.

You haven't been able to 'decline' a grade for several years now. The closest you can get to this is failing to cash in, or certificate, your qualification - but even that's rare as state schools now routinely certificate everything, and most private schools do too.

Original post by Minerva
You haven't been able to 'decline' a grade for several years now. The closest you can get to this is failing to cash in, or certificate, your qualification - but even that's rare as state schools now routinely certificate everything, and most private schools do too.

I guess my ability to do chemistry does not in anyway affect my ability to do law, so I doubt it will be much of an issue. Unless of course, the universities I apply to are stupid.

Never mind!
What if you have a U in an AS subject but you are going to retake do you still hav to put the U down
Original post by Aneesah_May
What if you have a U in an AS subject but you are going to retake do you still hav to put the U down

Yes, although the issue has been very cloudy. Ucas now has its advisors saying you have to.
If you are going to get certificated grades from the exam boards you have to put it on your ucas form. You are also supposed to put any other qualifications so if you have a grade 3 in musical instrument then you are supposed to put it on the ucas form. A U grade you do as well I believe I had a stern conversation about this with my teacher/UCAS adviser and she was like if you fail the grades still have to be put on UCAS and I was like that is unfair but I guess it is also fair because it makes it fairer for universities to see who had worked hard and who are not going to have to resit modules and stuff.

I don't think unis care though if that is the subject you dropped and all the others you are taking you performed well in
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending