7Bs
Additional Science
Maths
English Lit
English Lang
Spanish
History
Art

Im not going to apply to places like oxbridge or imperial, or perhaps UCL with these grades :/ I dont think i have a chance
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 21
1 A* 10 As.

Got in 4 years ago. Get motivated. :biggrin:
Original post by Armin.
1 A* 10 As.

Got in 4 years ago. Get motivated. :biggrin:

yo arminnn you better man up in season 2 of attack on titan lol. i know random
Original post by rhoxc
always wanted to do medicine but i got pretty crappy grades especially in English language and literature.

i got;

A - BIOLOGY
A - CHEMISTRY
B - MATHS
B -HISTORY
B - PHYSICS
C- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
C - ENGLISH LITERATURE
C - TEXTILES
E - SPANISH - started learning that in year 10, biggest mistake of my life considering I had been learning french since year 2 :frown::frown:
PASS - COMPUTER USE

I dont know how i got a c in english literature :frown::eek::frown::frown::frown:. i thought i did so good in it i just don't understand:frown:

i was looking at entry requirements for uni's and i just decided i should cancel out cambridge and oxford- in my dreams.

but is there any hope in other good universities... ideas

i got 2 As as well!!! you will need to resit gcse english language as 70% of medical schools want a B in english and maths at GCSE. i also wanted to do medicine but for now I'm just going to focus on getting as many As a as possible next year in AS Level.

edit: you can resit english in november if you want so it won't get in the way of ur AS exams in the summer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by geokreig
i got 2 As as well!!! you will need to resit gcse english language as 70% of medical schools want a B in english and maths at GCSE. i also wanted to do medicine but for now I'm just going to focus on getting as many As a as possible next year in AS Level.

edit: you can resit english in november if you want so it won't get in the way of ur AS exams in the summer.

Thank you !! :smile: yes i will! will i be helped by teacher or will i have to teach myself?
Original post by rhoxc
Thank you !! :smile: yes i will! will i be helped by teacher or will i have to teach myself?

your school should run after school sessions for people who want to resit any of their GCSEs - atleast my school does.
I'm contemplating whether I want go into Medicine now because of my GCSE results:

A*:
Religious Studies

A:
Mathematics
English language (1 UMS off an A* - remarking)
Additional Science
Core Science
Geography

B:
Art (1 UMS off an A - remarking)
English Lit (1 UMS off an A - remarking)
French
Business Studies
Further Mathematics

Hoping for at least my english remarks to go up more than anything :smile:
I've acknowledged the fact that I didn't get any C's in my GCSEs and I should be grateful but I was expecting a few more A*'s :frown:

Is it worth considering Medicine while I'll be competing with stronger applicants (More than 6A*s..)
Reply 27
Original post by Whitney997
I'm contemplating whether I want go into Medicine now because of my GCSE results:

A*:
Religious Studies

A:
Mathematics
English language (1 UMS off an A* - remarking)
Additional Science
Core Science
Geography

B:
Art (1 UMS off an A - remarking)
English Lit (1 UMS off an A - remarking)
French
Business Studies
Further Mathematics

Hoping for at least my english remarks to go up more than anything :smile:
I've acknowledged the fact that I didn't get any C's in my GCSEs and I should be grateful but I was expecting a few more A*'s :frown:

Is it worth considering Medicine while I'll be competing with stronger applicants (More than 6A*s..)

Just do well in your A Levels.
hi guys i really need some advice weather i have a decent chance at pursuing my dreams of studying medicine at uni. However i am really worried my School grades would let me down. Fist of all i would like to say that due to unfortunate circumstances i had to GCE in a forign country where i coulnt preform at my very best (Excuses i know).

So are these grades good enough for medicine if i can get good alevel results

Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A*
Maths - A
Pakistan studies - B (i manged an A in history but a B in geography)
English - B
Islamiyat(RE) - C

I did well in my sciences but i just feel that my lack of subjects and my B's and C grade may let me down.
Reply 29
Original post by green/eyes
hi guys i really need some advice weather i have a decent chance at pursuing my dreams of studying medicine at uni. However i am really worried my School grades would let me down. Fist of all i would like to say that due to unfortunate circumstances i had to GCE in a forign country where i coulnt preform at my very best (Excuses i know).

So are these grades good enough for medicine if i can get good alevel results

Chemistry - A*
Biology - A*
Physics - A*
Maths - A
Pakistan studies - B (i manged an A in history but a B in geography)
English - B
Islamiyat(RE) - C

I did well in my sciences but i just feel that my lack of subjects and my B's and C grade may let me down.

I have noooooo idea
Original post by VonDoom
I have noooooo idea

lol. does anyone know.

I'm really stressed out :frown:
lol. does anyone know.

I'm really stressed out :frown:

are applying as an international student?
Original post by Elhamm
are applying as an international student?

No, I'm a British citizen and will be doing my A-levels back in England.
Due to some unfortunate circumstance haded to do O'level GCE abroad at a school which only offered limited subjects.

I was wondering if i should talk a few extra GCSE whilst doing As(if thats even possible) or should i just solely focus upon my As levels.
No, I'm a British citizen and will be doing my A-levels back in England.
Due to some unfortunate circumstance haded to do O'level GCE abroad at a school which only offered limited subjects.

I was wondering if i should talk a few extra GCSE whilst doing As(if thats even possible) or should i just solely focus upon my As levels.

Well it depends how well you are able to manage the work load when it comes to studying or revising because, for A-levels you do need to spend a lot of hours studying due to the amount of content being covered and if you are going to take a subject in GCSE that you are going to self teach yourself, it will add more pressure on you and perhaps it will reduce the hours you will have for your A-level revision. Due to that it will perhaps affect your grades.

But at the end of the day it is all up to you whether you think you are capable of handling all the work load.
Hope that helps. :smile:
Original post by Elhamm
Well it depends how well you are able to manage the work load when it comes to studying or revising because, for A-levels you do need to spend a lot of hours studying due to the amount of content being covered and if you are going to take a subject in GCSE that you are going to self teach yourself, it will add more pressure on you and perhaps it will reduce the hours you will have for your A-level revision. Due to that it will perhaps affect your grades.

But at the end of the day it is all up to you whether you think you are capable of handling all the work load.
Hope that helps. :smile:

The last two years i have been pretty much self taught. I'm not frighten by doing lots of studying but i would like to ask if you could give me any pointers to which GCSE i should take.

Also i have started revising the Chemistry As course and have already completed just under half the topics(not thoroughly) with out much difficulty and most importantly with a great deal of fun(if that makes sense)
The last two years i have been pretty much self taught. I'm not frighten by doing lots of studying but i would like to ask if you could give me any pointers to which GCSE i should take.

Also i have started revising the Chemistry As course and have already completed just under half the topics(not thoroughly) with out much difficulty and most importantly with a great deal of fun(if that makes sense)

You have all the important ones so, you can if you want pick a language e.g. Spanish, french, German etc. you can also pick a humanity such as psychology, history, sociology etc. If not you can do english lit or an performing arts subjects :smile:
Original post by Elhamm
You have all the important ones so, you can if you want pick a language e.g. Spanish, french, German etc. you can also pick a humanity such as psychology, history, sociology etc. If not you can do english lit or an performing arts subjects :smile:

Would they require any course work or will i just have to sit down for the exams?
Would they require any course work or will i just have to sit down for the exams?

for the languages you need to do a writing, speaking, listening and reading exam. for humanities such as History (im not sure about the others) you will need to complete 1 course work and for english lit yes you do

Latest

Trending

Trending