The Student Room Group

What do you do in induction day at sixth form?

Okay, so after GCSEs it seems there's been like a hundred different days (open days, taster days, enrolment days, ect.) so what's an induction day? What do you do? Mine's on Friday and then the following Monday normal lessons start.
Reply 1
Original post by ImBatgirl
Okay, so after GCSEs it seems there's been like a hundred different days (open days, taster days, enrolment days, ect.) so what's an induction day? What do you do? Mine's on Friday and then the following Monday normal lessons start.

Well, at my school, you chose your subjects, listened to the sixth form team rabbit on about rules and policies and then some team building exercises to allow your schools external pupils to be less nervous and make friends. We also had tasters which you've had.
Original post by ImBatgirl

In an induction day you tend to meet your 'tutor group', or whatever equivalent your Sixth Form has, and get to know them. Most of them you'll probably remember from lower school, so it's mostly for the benefit of any transfer students from other schools, or students who are resitting the year. You may end up in a very long assembly about 'the importance of Sixth Form' or similar. Some induction days have individual subject talks or taster lessons, like a taster day, but others don't. Some induction days only last a couple of hours, ironically.

Quick Reply

Latest