The Student Room Group

Brampton Manor

This is a question targetted to someone who goes brampton or perosnally knows someone who goes there this year, for maths what grade would you need to get to actually be able to do it. This year's exams I actually found quite hard and I think I might get a 7 or an 8 if I'm lucky which if I do get a 7 Ill be disappointed cuz I'm normally a grade 8-9 student (predicted 8) and I'm scared that I won't be able to enroll cuz of that grade. I know that the entry requirements say 7 but people who get higher than the minimum entry requirement are more likely to get accepted. So, I wanted to know what grade, current brampton students got for maths for them to enroll
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How many marks do you think you got for maths?
Reply 2
Original post by ciao50276
This is a question targetted to someone who goes brampton or perosnally knows someone who goes there this year, for maths what grade would you need to get to actually be able to do it. This year's exams I actually found quite hard and I think I might get a 7 or an 8 if I'm lucky which if I do get a 7 Ill be disappointed cuz I'm normally a grade 8-9 student (predicted 8) and I'm scared that I won't be able to enroll cuz of that grade. I know that the entry requirements say 7 but people who get higher than the minimum entry requirement are more likely to get accepted. So, I wanted to know what grade, current brampton students got for maths for them to enroll

i don’t live near the area but my friend goes there and she said that most students get 9s and 8s, some internals get 7s but if you’re an external you probably need at least an 8 to get accepted
Reply 3
Original post by Bæn
How many marks do you think you got for maths?

between 160-170 marks
Reply 4
Original post by enhaza
i don’t live near the area but my friend goes there and she said that most students get 9s and 8s, some internals get 7s but if you’re an external you probably need at least an 8 to get accepted

do you mind asking her if she knows someone who is an external student that got a 7 in their maths gcses and still got accepted to do it again in sixth form? im acc so stressed abt this lmao
Reply 5
I asked one of my freinds that is an internal, he said that if ur an extrenal u had to get 9s for that subjects you chose especially for maths ( cuz it’s stem) snd it was unlikely externals got in with 8 for maths aswell
Reply 6
If you do get a 7 It’s a very minimal chance / no chance you’ll get in
Reply 7
If there were any external students that got accepted with an 8 then their GPA must have been pretty high (8.0-8.5)
Reply 8
Original post by Bæn
I asked one of my freinds that is an internal, he said that if ur an extrenal u had to get 9s for that subjects you chose especially for maths ( cuz it’s stem) snd it was unlikely externals got in with 8 for maths aswell

that rrly doesnt match the entry requirements tho, the website said that you need at least a 7 for the subjects you want to study later on lmao and because i also had a friend that went there said that it was first come first served, so the ppl that get there first are the ones who will get the offers and my GPA is an 8 btw so there might still be a chance
All I'm saying is that I'll be sending my kid to that school.
Original post by Leslie Knope
All I'm saying is that I'll be sending my kid to that school.

ok?
ok?

My bad, it was an off-handed comment, context was key.
Reply 12
It don’t work like that, internals have first come first serve. Externals come in a day after. On results day external students have to put their grades on the admissions portal by 11am or something. Then the external students will get an appointment based on their grades. If you have an earlier time, that means you’ve got the place but if you get Lower grades (hitting the minimum) your going to have later appointments and less likely to get a spot.
Original post by Bæn
It don’t work like that, internals have first come first serve. Externals come in a day after. On results day external students have to put their grades on the admissions portal by 11am or something. Then the external students will get an appointment based on their grades. If you have an earlier time, that means you’ve got the place but if you get Lower grades (hitting the minimum) your going to have later appointments and less likely to get a spot.

that dont even make sense tho, everyone who gets offers are all in the same positions, why would the internal have a better chance of getting in just cuz they went to the secondary school lmao. this year instead of brampton giving our offers, they're just giving out induction days and if you don't get invited to one of them you aren't getting a place at all cuz its the next step of the process of acc getting enrolled. the friend i was talking about went to a diff secondary school and when she got her results she just went to brampton straight away to enrol, it may be diff this yr cuz of covid and all but i doubt it will be much different as the no. of cases have calmed down, regardless ill just ask the teachers abt my situation when im going to their induction day
that dont even make sense tho, everyone who gets offers are all in the same positions, why would the internal have a better chance of getting in just cuz they went to the secondary school lmao. this year instead of brampton giving our offers, they're just giving out induction days and if you don't get invited to one of them you aren't getting a place at all cuz its the next step of the process of acc getting enrolled. the friend i was talking about went to a diff secondary school and when she got her results she just went to brampton straight away to enrol, it may be diff this yr cuz of covid and all but i doubt it will be much different as the no. of cases have calmed down, regardless ill just ask the teachers abt my situation when im going to their induction day

no it does work that way, even in my school, internals are given priority, externals fill in the places that are left. even if it’s unfair that’s just how it is
Reply 15

You do realise around 1500-2000 people applied to BMA and I have to be honest In the nicest possible way . No one gets accepted for maths with a 7 so it’s basically there’s no chance ur getting in especially since ur external which is unfair . But I hope you do get the 8 .
that rrly doesnt match the entry requirements tho, the website said that you need at least a 7 for the subjects you want to study later on lmao and because i also had a friend that went there said that it was first come first served, so the ppl that get there first are the ones who will get the offers and my GPA is an 8 btw so there might still be a chance

That's not how sixth form admissions work. If too many get the 'basic' grades there are over-subscription rules - what do the rules say for this school?

https://www.bramptonmanor.org/docs/Brampton_Manor_6th_Form_Admissions_Policy_2022_3.pdf

Brampton Manor Academy

2.2. The minimum qualification for entry into the Sixth Form at the School is:
Grade 7 or higher in all subjects they intend to study at AS level;
A grade point average (GPA) of at least 6.5 across all GCSEs studied (minimum 8 GCSE qualifications).
A minimum of a grade 5 in English Language and Mathematics, regardless of the subjects studied at AS level.
2.3. Please note that the above represent the minimum entry criteria. Where individual courses are oversubscribed, higher actual GCSE grades may berequired in order to secure a place."
Original post by Muttley79
That's not how sixth form admissions work. If too many get the 'basic' grades there are over-subscription rules - what do the rules say for this school?

I get wht u are trying to say, my point is that it's just not fair that internal students have a higher chance of getting in just cuz their secondary school is linked with the sixth form, plenty of top sixth forms have done the first come first serve basis like NCS, also those 'basic' grades are what the sixth form would at least expect from their students, wdym by the over-subscription rules btw, I haven't acc heard of that before, but if you mean that there will be too many ppl applying to the sixth form, there's a limit to how many ppl the school can give a place to.
Original post by Muttley79
https://www.bramptonmanor.org/docs/Brampton_Manor_6th_Form_Admissions_Policy_2022_3.pdf

Brampton Manor Academy

2.2. The minimum qualification for entry into the Sixth Form at the School is:
Grade 7 or higher in all subjects they intend to study at AS level;
A grade point average (GPA) of at least 6.5 across all GCSEs studied (minimum 8 GCSE qualifications).
A minimum of a grade 5 in English Language and Mathematics, regardless of the subjects studied at AS level.
2.3. Please note that the above represent the minimum entry criteria. Where individual courses are oversubscribed, higher actual GCSE grades may berequired in order to secure a place."

i've already seen that, my initial question was if there were any current brampton students who still got a place to study maths with a grade 7

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending