The Student Room Group

References

Hi im applying through my gap year and am getting a reference for my ucas application from my 6th form tutor. But, I was wondering if my tutor had to mention my grades on the reference - its fine if she does I just want to make sure that she includes everything necessary because I dont think she knows my exact grades! Thanks for the help! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teddysmith123
Hi im applying through my gap year and am getting a reference for my ucas application from my 6th form tutor. But, I was wondering if my tutor had to mention my grades on the reference - its fine if she does I just want to make sure that she includes everything necessary because I dont think she knows my exact grades! Thanks for the help! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your grades are on the main part of the form, where you put them, and your referee will be able to see them.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Your grades are on the main part of the form, where you put them, and your referee will be able to see them.

So then she has to mention them again in her reference?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so. Why would she? The admission officer will see them clearly. Her role is just to describe your personality, whether you are working hard, what are your best and bad sides, if any.

I don't know this for sure. This is only my opinion. Besides that, the whole reference thing is just a formality - unless you have upset your teacher, would they ruin your chances of getting a place just because, Idk, you don't like to do your homeworks? :biggrin:
Original post by Ucki
I don't think so. Why would she? The admission officer will see them clearly. Her role is just to describe your personality, whether you are working hard, what are your best and bad sides, if any.

I don't know this for sure. This is only my opinion. Besides that, the whole reference thing is just a formality - unless you have upset your teacher, would they ruin your chances of getting a place just because, Idk, you don't like to do your homeworks? :biggrin:

Haha no she likes me and is not at all vindictive! I just wanted to make sure she included everything necessary in her reference so that there was nothing wrong with that aspect of the process

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Haha no she likes me and is not at all vindictive! I just wanted to make sure she included everything necessary in her reference so that there was nothing wrong with that aspect of the process

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then just ask her to do it. :cool: If she likes you, I don't see a reason why she wouldn't do it. :smile: But again, I don't think it is that important to repeat your results. Unless there is something very special about them - e.g. my maths teacher will certainly mention that I were the very first person that achieved A* in maths at that college. :biggrin: Your results will be stated on your application form anyhow. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, she doesn't. The only time grades go into the reference is when they are predicted, and you don't mention any resits in your plans as far as I can see. It would be a complete waste of space in the reference to repeat information available elsewhere. The reference is the same length as the ps and should cover all subjects in quite some detail.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, she doesn't. The only time grades go into the reference is when they are predicted, and you don't mention any resits in your plans as far as I can see. It would be a complete waste of space in the reference to repeat information available elsewhere. The reference is the same length as the ps and should cover all subjects in quite some detail.

Thank you for the reply. I didn't want to waste space so I think I will just tell her not to mention them and instead include other aspects that may enhance my application.
Thank you for the reply. I didn't want to waste space so I think I will just tell her not to mention them and instead include other aspects that may enhance my application.

It sounds like you aren't from the UK. Teachers in the UK are used to providing references for Ucas and won't need telling. For others, this is a useful guide:
http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/advisers-and-referees/referees/undergraduate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending