The Student Room Group

Failed gcse english language with a d***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dee .. ♥
As long as you tried your hardest. Don't worry about it too much. No point beating yourself up because of it..

Maybe Re-take?

Yes mate I did try my hardest however I believe there was still room for improvement if I gave myself more time to revise and less time to the social media.. Indeed I will retake this year however I am looking for people who can give me feedback on my work and what they did to actually achieve their A/A*.
cheers
Original post by lilseez
Yes mate I did try my hardest however I believe there was still room for improvement if I gave myself more time to revise and less time to the social media.. Indeed I will retake this year however I am looking for people who can give me feedback on my work and what they did to actually achieve their A/A*.
cheers

Yeah i get u. If you didn't try hard, it would have been pointless to moan about it. But its sad ik, especially when you revised a lot :frown:

Thats good btw :smile:
Np
Original post by lilseez
Right, so i retook my English GCSE for the second time and got a D again which is a shame. I could sit here and blame the teachers as much as I like! HOWEVER, it really isn't going to change anything. So, my quest and dedication to get my A/A* Begins TODAY! Downside; I cant do this on my own! I will need some help from some of you lovely people out there to guide me through this year. I know you guys can only do so much, but let I will put in the effort so your help wont go to waste!

Alright, so lets begin. I know I will be most likely using the AQA exam board this year and also "think" that I will be doing The mice and men.

3 Essays need to be completed for unit 2 I think, Does anybody know whether they will still be counting the speaking and listening towards the final grade?

So, for the Essays I need all the tips and tricks to hit the highest bound in every single Essay. What must I do?
I would greatly appreciate it if people who have achieved A/A* could help me out!

I got an A for OMAM so hopefully my advice will help a little bit. What I would recommend is reading the book again and again. You might think that's going to completely boring but knowing quotes and actions presented by the characters can really help with the essay. Have you tried any websites which have notes? I recommend Sparknotes http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/micemen/

(PS: I done AQA too!!)
Reply 23
Original post by patronusleviosa
I got an A for OMAM so hopefully my advice will help a little bit. What I would recommend is reading the book again and again. You might think that's going to completely boring but knowing quotes and actions presented by the characters can really help with the essay. Have you tried any websites which have notes? I recommend Sparknotes http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/micemen/

(PS: I done AQA too!!)

Oh wow! nice man... I have just finished reading the book however, I will be reading it again and again and again like you recommended :biggrin: Mate you know where I need help the most on the essay for the mice and men.. I find it hard trying to find things to write. and say during the whole essay.. I briefly know how to plan however judging by the grades I achieved I am no expert.. Plus say I do plan I don't know how to put that plan into content.. Also could you give me a list of things they are looking for in the essay itself? What makes a work piece a A/A* and mine a D grade... HELP a brother out..

Quick Reply

Latest