The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get an A or A* overall…

So in Media Studies (OCR) I got a C overall.

The overall course grade is made up from 50% of coursework, the foundation portfolio and 50% of the exam.

For the coursework/portfolio I got a grade C 138/200 marks (60/100 UMS) and in the exam a grade B 77/100 marks (70/100 UMS).

My question is based on my grade is it possible to achieve an A or A* overall at A2?

Thanks
Original post by cathzeta10
So in Media Studies (OCR) I got a C overall.

The overall course grade is made up from 50% of coursework, the foundation portfolio and 50% of the exam.

For the coursework/portfolio I got a grade C 138/200 marks (60/100 UMS) and in the exam a grade B 77/100 marks (70/100 UMS).

My question is based on my grade is it possible to achieve an A or A* overall at A2?

Thanks

It is :smile: You currently have 130 UMS, meaning you'll need 190/200 at A2. Basically, although it may sound strange, you can't get an A but you can get an A* if you get the above :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
It is :smile: You currently have 130 UMS, meaning you'll need 190/200 at A2. Basically, although it may sound strange, you can't get an A but you can get an A* if you get the above :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

so does that means i have to get an A in both coursework and exam? :s-smilie: - that's gonna be tough :frown:
Original post by cathzeta10
so does that means i have to get an A in both coursework and exam? :s-smilie: - that's gonna be tough :frown:

Yep :frown: you will have to do very well but it is possible! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest