Original post by JamesJones777
Their loss!

Indeed.

Them: :banghead:

Me: :bl:
Reply 61
Original post by ANEXIS kZstaR
Which school?

Harrow you say, why you rich son of a gun.

No, not Harrow hahahaha.
Original post by JayJay-C19
Indeed.

Them: :banghead:

Me: :bl:

I'm happy for you :L
That's funny because a lot of people at my new school did :s-smilie:

But of course, that's your experience.

I'm sure it'll pass quickly. after a while people should ​tend not to care...
Reply 64
I did well but my grades were shaken. I had got nothing below an A* in RE from Year 10 to Year 11. I got an A* in the paper I had the book for (new teacher) and a C in the paper from the old teacher. Averaged out as a B overall.

I'm one of those people who needs to revise in advance and needs to have my own materials to do so from. She knew that so it was like a personal attack l.o.l.

Well it's not like a B in RS is going to stunt you much anyway, so it doesn't matter too much!

Ah, I'm quite the opposite, I didn't bother revising for half of my exams :tongue:
And that's yet another point against them :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by JamesJones777
I'm happy for you :L

Reply 66
Original post by Vionar
Well it's not like a B in RS is going to stunt you much anyway, so it doesn't matter too much!

Ah, I'm quite the opposite, I didn't bother revising for half of my exams :tongue:
And that's yet another point against them :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

L.O.L. I should write up some detailed report and send it off to the D of Ed :')
Reply 67
L.O.L. I should write up some detailed report and send it off to the D of Ed :')

You would also have to send it to a couple of papers, see what they make of it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by Vionar
You would also have to send it to a couple of papers, see what they make of it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, I'll then have a lawsuit on my hands :cool: lawyer in da makin' yo :cool:
Reply 69
Okay well thanks you guys. I bid you all farewell as I'm up at 6 tomorrow for my first day at Sixth. Looking forward to seeing how long I last with 8:00-17:00 days.

Dankeschön (thanks) once again.
Reply 70
Yep, I'll then have a lawsuit on my hands :cool: lawyer in da makin' yo :cool:

Obviously you'd put me in charge of making everything sound truly terrible, and making the truly terrible bits sound even worse :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Okay well thanks you guys. I bid you all farewell as I'm up at 6 tomorrow for my first day at Sixth. Looking forward to seeing how long I last with 8:00-17:00 days.

Dankeschön (thanks) once again.

I don't think I helped at all, but good luck! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, so, I'm going to a Private school for Lower and Upper Sixth, from a State Secondary School.

I'm worried that people are going to disrespect me because of my background. I went to a small induction/taster day at the school and everyone was lovely but a few people did turn their noses up at me and make really blatantly targeted comments such as, "Oh yeah well my Brother went to Uppingham and is now at Eton - don't you just think anyone who doesn't go to the top schools for their entire education is going to fail at like their entire life?"

I just laughed and walked off. It's just the impression I got even though I absolutely love my school and am proud of my background - very happy I wasn't a rich snob growing up to be frank.

What should I do? How should I approach my new school and these new people?

You should be absolutely fine. The opinion I got from visiting there and talking to current/ex private school sixth formers is that they are more racist, sexist and homophobic rather than discriminative regarding your class. Racism is not as rife but sexism and homophobia is common. But since you are male and heterosexual you will be fine. I assume you are English? It is wrong how they are and it should change but that type of culture has developed over time. Since they are private schools they have not been influenced by the state so decades long ideals and principles have been conserved
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by The Right
You should be absolutely fine. The opinion I got from visiting there and talking to current/ex private school sixth formers is that they are more racist, sexist and homophobic rather than discriminative regarding your class. Racism is not as rife but sexism and homophobia is common. But since you are male and heterosexual you will be fine. I assume you are English? It is wrong how they are and it should change but that type of culture has developed over time. Since they are private schools they have not been influenced by the state so decades long ideals and principles have been conserved

I'm English and Homosexual... Have you somehow missed like all of the posts on this thread?

Thanks for your somewhat worrying response haha :smile:
I'm English and Homosexual... Have you somehow missed like all of the posts on this thread?

Thanks for your somewhat worrying response haha :smile:

Oh? I just read the OP and replied on that basis. You will be fine, it's not like the forks are out but I spoke to people who said if a really camp boy was there, he would be frowned upon. I am not being homophobic but you know like Alan Carr type persona.
Reply 75
Original post by The Right
Oh? I just read the OP and replied on that basis. You will be fine, it's not like the forks are out but I spoke to people who said if a really camp boy was there, he would be frowned upon. I am not being homophobic but you know like Alan Carr type persona.

I can't stand that anyway so that's not me loool. I would say things back to these people anyway if they were homophobic to me so it doesn't really matter.
I've just gone through exactly this and am now finished (top boarding school for sixth form, on a scholarship). I completely understand your concerns!

Best advice I can give is to not take things seriously. Laugh it off, join in and you'll earn a lot of respect. Being able to laugh at yourself really makes a difference. Of course, if anyone seriously dislikes you, they're not worth your time.
Reply 77
Original post by House MD
I've just gone through exactly this and am now finished (top boarding school for sixth form, on a scholarship). I completely understand your concerns!

Best advice I can give is to not take things seriously. Laugh it off, join in and you'll earn a lot of respect. Being able to laugh at yourself really makes a difference. Of course, if anyone seriously dislikes you, they're not worth your time.

I have a merit scholarship and yeah we're basically the same!

I'll definitely follow your advice - thank you x
I have a merit scholarship and yeah we're basically the same!

I'll definitely follow your advice - thank you x

Best of luck by the way. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
I can't stand that anyway so that's not me loool. I would say things back to these people anyway if they were homophobic to me so it doesn't really matter.

That is surprising. I have spoke to gay people who say Alan Carr is like the perfect man. He has the body, the looks, the voice, the persona, the charisma, the fashion style, the talent and the hair is what they say. Apparently he is a manly man and overall the perfect specimen. Is this not the case?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending