The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2015

Hey guys :smile:
Thought I'd start a thread for anyone who, like me is thinking of applying for Cardiff University for September 2015 entry. Thought we could break the ice by starting with some questions?

- What course are you applying for?
- What are you currently studying?
- Why Cardiff University?
- Have you attended any open days or visits to the University?

I thought we could use this thread to keep up to date about applications and just general news about Cardiff University :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Shame this hasn't had more replies :frown:
anyways I'm applying for Business Management
Currently studying economics, spanish, and law
Just visited the uni open day today! and loved it so much!!!! definitely going to firm it if I get an offer!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
I went to the open day yesterday and I've definitely decided that it's going to be my firm choice!

I'll be applying for occupational therapy for September 2015 entry.
Hi I went to the open day at cardiff yesterday and love it!! I want this to be my first choice. Quick question though when do we make our choice list, when we get interviews or after we get accepted?
Do we make our list when we apply for the different universities?
Psychology with a placement year
I sent my application on the 30th september and recieved an offer a week later
Currently I'm studying psychology biology and history a level

Idk if this will be my first two choices as I'd prefer to do a joint honours which my other unis provide. I cant visit the uni as it is too far so will be too expensive but can anyone pm some pictures of the uni and preferably the psychology department as Google images and their website dont show much and obviously they would show the uni in the best light and I cant find any of what the uni looks like inside like tge lecture rooms and library etc
Reply 6
Original post by Looby lol 147
Hi I went to the open day at cardiff yesterday and love it!! I want this to be my first choice. Quick question though when do we make our choice list, when we get interviews or after we get accepted?

Original post by Ffion_Mair
Do we make our list when we apply for the different universities?

Hey guys not sure what you mean here but I'm assuming you mean do you choose your first, second or third choice when you apply or after you receive offers? If this is your question, you put your choices down after you receive offers :smile: I hope this helps :smile: For now when you put your options into your application form it'll usually go into a random order and when you do send your application off unis will not be able to see where else you have applied :smile:

Original post by Aneesah_May
Psychology with a placement year
I sent my application on the 30th september and recieved an offer a week later
Currently I'm studying psychology biology and history a level

Idk if this will be my first two choices as I'd prefer to do a joint honours which my other unis provide. I cant visit the uni as it is too far so will be too expensive but can anyone pm some pictures of the uni and preferably the psychology department as Google images and their website dont show much and obviously they would show the uni in the best light and I cant find any of what the uni looks like inside like tge lecture rooms and library etc

Congrats on the offer!!
What accommodation is best when studying on the heath campus?
Reply 8
Does anyone know if any biology offers have been given out already? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by meeeeee7

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't know about biology but a friend of mine got a biochemistry offer from cardiff (i'm not that sciency but they're kind of similar right?)
Reply 10
Original post by Aaronfm2
Shame this hasn't had more replies :frown:
anyways I'm applying for Business Management
Currently studying economics, spanish, and law
Just visited the uni open day today! and loved it so much!!!! definitely going to firm it if I get an offer!

I have applied for this too, have you sent off your UCAS application yet? I don't know what is the normally waiting time for applications to go through!!
I have been to the open day too, it is at the top of my choices, that and Leeds
I love Cardiff! & am sending off my application this month for Pharmacy!

Not had a look at accomodation though!
Applying to Cardiff (as insurance) for Computer Science!:smile:
Has anyone received an offer for Biomedical science at cardiff? Thanks
Original post by meeeeee7

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have been wondering this aswell...
Original post by Lawtomeg
I have applied for this too, have you sent off your UCAS application yet? I don't know what is the normally waiting time for applications to go through!!
I have been to the open day too, it is at the top of my choices, that and Leeds

yeah I sent off and paid on the 17th of october... my college have been super slow so I rang them up and they said it would be done by the 4th of november -.- it still says "reference in progress"... when your application has been sent off I THINK it takes ucas like 2 days to progress or something but I don't really know to be honest! good luck with your choices!
Reply 16
Original post by Aaronfm2
yeah I sent off and paid on the 17th of october... my college have been super slow so I rang them up and they said it would be done by the 4th of november -.- it still says "reference in progress"... when your application has been sent off I THINK it takes ucas like 2 days to progress or something but I don't really know to be honest! good luck with your choices!

Ahh okay, thank you. That's fair enough! I think i just need to be patient! :')
Thanks you too :P
Original post by No brainer1
Has anyone received an offer for Biomedical science at cardiff? Thanks

I got an offer today
Original post by insert-username
I got an offer today

Thats great! Congratulations!

When did you send your application off and what was your entry requirement?
Thanks
Original post by No brainer1
Thats great! Congratulations!

When did you send your application off and what was your entry requirement?
Thanks

Thanks :smile: My application was sent off on the 14th of October (because i'm also applying to medicine)
My offer is AAB

Quick Reply

Latest