The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Hi guys! I firmed my unconditional offer for dental hygiene, anyone else doing similar? 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Anyone doing physics or preliminary year ?
Original post by MaskforRacoon
Accepted an unconditional for maths! Anyone looking at Senghennydd court for residence?

Hey I'm going to hopefully do physics with prelim year and was looking at seng court and looks good close to town but I want somewhere quite sociable, what about you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kbro7
Hi guys! I firmed my unconditional offer for dental hygiene, anyone else doing similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just put Cardiff as my firm offer for dental hygine too, are you thinking of stopping in halls?:smile:x
Reply 784
I've applied for Seng Court. It's so much closer to the physics/maths department, and is basically in town. I can't see it not being social to be honest, especially being so close to the town and student union. Plus it's also the cheapest.
Original post by kbro7
Hi guys! I firmed my unconditional offer for dental hygiene, anyone else doing similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've firmed for radiography so I might see you around next year :biggrin:
Reply 786
Original post by abbalarr95
I've firmed for radiography so I might see you around next year :biggrin:

Eee!! See you around 😁
Have you put Liberty house as your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
I know that it may sound weird but is there anyone else who is waiting for a response? I sent my application six months ago and I still have no news from Cardiff and this makes me a little bit nervous as the UCAS deadline is in 2 days. :confused:
Reply 788
Original post by Aggelos
I know that it may sound weird but is there anyone else who is waiting for a response? I sent my application six months ago and I still have no news from Cardiff and this makes me a little bit nervous as the UCAS deadline is in 2 days. :confused:

I would give them a call. Does sound a bit unusual but it could be any reason why you still haven't heard.
Original post by Aggelos

The deadline is not in two days as you haven't received all decisions by the 30th of March!!

I would call them urgently

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 790
Original post by Natalierm2707
The deadline is not in two days as you haven't received all decisions by the 30th of March!!

I would call them urgently

Posted from TSR Mobile

The deadline for universities to give out offers is actually on May 7 as mentioned on the UCAS website. I just called them and they told me that they are finalising their decision and that I should expect to hear back from them really soon (prior to May 7).
Original post by Aggelos
The deadline for universities to give out offers is actually on May 7 as mentioned on the UCAS website. I just called them and they told me that they are finalising their decision and that I should expect to hear back from them really soon (prior to May 7).

Oh I thought you meant the deadline for you to reply!!

I'm really sorry I misunderstood you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 792
Original post by Aggelos

Good luck! Did you ask them to check that they had your application? I've heard of stories where universities have lost applications and only found out after the deadline and then nothing can be done. Fingers crossed this isn't the case but may be worth checking.
Reply 793
Original post by Natalierm2707
Oh I thought you meant the deadline for you to reply!!

I'm really sorry I misunderstood you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it's ok! No problem

Original post by sd1571
Good luck! Did you ask them to check that they had your application? I've heard of stories where universities have lost applications and only found out after the deadline and then nothing can be done. Fingers crossed this isn't the case but may be worth checking.

When I talked with the admissions department they asked me to give them my ID Number so as to check the progress of my application. Since they told me that I will receive a response soon, I assume that they have my application. Thanks anyway for the help!
Original post by kbro7
Eee!! See you around Have you put Liberty house as your first choice? Posted from TSR Mobile

I have! Have you?
Original post by Aggelos

Definitely give them a ring, I was waiting 4 months and when I rang up they told me that my application had been 'lost' in some way, they were so lovely about it to. They gave me a decision within half an hour of me ringing up to query about it. I had firmed Cardiff for chemistry the very next day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 796
Original post by abbalarr95
I have! Have you?í ½í¸

Yes!! Ahh someone finally!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 797
Hey guys,

I just wanted to tell you that yesterday at 17.30 I received an offer from Cardiff to study Biochemistry. I am definitely going to firm it! :biggrin:
I've firmed my cardiff offer for dental hygiene, is anyone else stopping in liberty house/doing the course? :h:
Original post by Aggelos
Hey guys,

I just wanted to tell you that yesterday at 17.30 I received an offer from Cardiff to study Biochemistry. I am definitely going to firm it! :biggrin:

Ah well done :biggrin: my insurance is biochemistry so I may see you around! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending