The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danielspencer96
Oh great! Well some people have had offers already! And they told me I would know within 2 weeks, its been 3 today :frown:

I was told exactly the same thing… :-| however I was also told rejections go out first and as people already have ofers the wait might be worth it! ah well, less than a month until unis have to reply and all of this waiting will be over :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I live locally so will commute! You?
Just phoned up Coventry and was told there is another interview day next week so we probably won't hear back until after that. But The lady said we will definitely hear back by the 7th May :smile:
Original post by lauraburbage
Just phoned up Coventry and was told there is another interview day next week so we probably won't hear back until after that. But The lady said we will definitely hear back by the 7th May :smile:

Oh ok, thanks for letting us know :smile: All this waiting is making me nervous!
Original post by danielspencer96
Oh ok, thanks for letting us know :smile: All this waiting is making me nervous!

No problem and yeah me too!
Reply 1445
I am just wondering if anyone has been successful at getting a place for paramedic science with an Access to Higher Education course in Science? as I am thinking of studying it in September.

Original post by lmb99
I am just wondering if anyone has been successful at getting a place for paramedic science with an Access to Higher Education course in Science? as I am thinking of studying it in September.

I have but it was an Access to nursing and midwifery course which had a large element of Science. Hope this helps.
Reply 1447
Original post by iwanabaparamedic
I have but it was an Access to nursing and midwifery course which had a large element of Science. Hope this helps.

Hi, yes it's good to hear that it is something that can get you a place! Did you have much experience? :smile:
Original post by lmb99
Hi, yes it's good to hear that it is something that can get you a place! Did you have much experience? :smile:

To be honest no I didn't have as much experience compared to some of the other applicants. I only had a couple of months of care work experience.

I have heard from tutors that universities do I like ppl who do the Access course as it is very intense and prepares you for university, so it is a very good option. Good luck 😊
Original post by lmb99

Hi, I did the Science Access course. I also didn't have as much experience as others, just a year or so of care work and a few voluntary first aid/care roles.
Original post by lmb99

I did an access to HE in Healthcare Professionals with the Distance Learning centre - took me a year to complete and I start my degree course in less than 3 weeks 😳 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RojD
Anyone heard either way from Swansea? Heard from all the ucas ones, just need an answer from them so I can start making decisions.

I am still waiting to hear too :confused:
Just received an offer from UCLAN! Anyone else got an offer? :-)
Reply 1453
Anyone going to the canterbury fitness test on the 30th? I'm bricking it!
Original post by 3geh
Anyone going to the canterbury fitness test on the 30th? I'm bricking it! ��

I'm still waiting to hear back :frown: it's been over 2 months since my interview, and I've rung them twice in the last 2 weeks trying to get an answer but the woman keeps saying she'll pass my details and query on to the right department, and get back to me - sufficient to say they haven't!
Reply 1455
Original post by cityrebecca
I'm still waiting to hear back :frown: it's been over 2 months since my interview, and I've rung them twice in the last 2 weeks trying to get an answer but the woman keeps saying she'll pass my details and query on to the right department, and get back to me - sufficient to say they haven't!

Ahhhh the waiting's actually horrible! They took about 2 months to get back to me, my interview was february and I only heard back a week or so ago! So don't fret too much :smile:
Reply 1456
Original post by thorpey17
Just received an offer from UCLAN! Anyone else got an offer? :-)

I have! Can't quite believe it!
Original post by 3geh
Ahhhh the waiting's actually horrible! They took about 2 months to get back to me, my interview was february and I only heard back a week or so ago! So don't fret too much :smile:

Hmm I think its more frustrating that the first time I rang they said they'll get back to me within 2 days, and 1 week later still nothing so I rang again and got shoved through the same process again.
Original post by emw14
I have! Can't quite believe it! ������

Me either! I'm so excited! Add me on facebook? https://www.facebook.com/ruth.thorpe.75
Original post by thorpey17
Me either! I'm so excited! Add me on facebook? https://www.facebook.com/ruth.thorpe.75

Got an unconditional offer today also! Shocked us an understatement !! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest