The Student Room Group

4 sciences bad for medicine?

Apparently Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths is bad for Medicine since Uni's see that you have no variation and also it is tougher than Bio, Chem, Maths and RS.
Original post by VonDoom
Apparently Bio, Chem, Phys and Maths is bad for Medicine since Uni's see that you have no variation and also it is tougher than Bio, Chem, Maths and RS.

It's fine, unless the university has specified that they like to see a contrasting subject (e.g. UCL).
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
It's fine, unless the university has specified that they like to see a contrasting subject (e.g. UCL).

What about Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and all the northern unis?
Original post by VonDoom
What about Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and all the northern unis?

No idea, I don't go to any of those med schools. You can find out here though:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_A_Level_Requirements

If they haven't said anything specific then assume that your choices are fine.
No, It's not bad. A large proportion of Medicine applicants do Maths, Bio, Chem and Physics for AS
Most (if not all) Unis ask for A level Chem, and a large majority ask for A level Bio (or at least to AS).
If you think you can do well in Maths and Physics then choose them. However, UCL like for applicants to have a contrasting subject in addition to Chem and Bio.
Reply 5
No idea, I don't go to any of those med schools. You can find out here though:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_A_Level_Requirements

If they haven't said anything specific then assume that your choices are fine.

Looks like my combo is fine.
But requires hard work.
Original post by VonDoom
Looks like my combo is fine.
But requires hard work.

Welcome to medicine - the slog starts even before you get in :p:
Reply 7
Welcome to medicine - the slog starts even before you get in :p:

Well, I got 2A*s, 7As and a B and my friends got 7A*s and I am taking these A levels very seriously.
My friends are just sitting back and relaxing like they are going to revise a day before and get all As.
Still waiting for a remark >.<
Also I intend on getting 5As since we are also doing General Studies which is a boring subject.
Original post by VonDoom

Quite a few people do all 4 sciences at a-level.
Unless the particular unis you are interested in specifically say on their website that they want another subject that isnt a science (which very few do), then you will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending