The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chipsorcrisps
Thanks so much! I know, mine is so early, I wanted to do the whole trip in one day but because its so early its not possible. ):

no worries. hmmmm, i guess staying a night in the hotel isnt a bad idea since u know its close by and u can get ready etc relaxingly.

wish u the best anyways!! :smile:
Original post by Master219
no worries. hmmmm, i guess staying a night in the hotel isnt a bad idea since u know its close by and u can get ready etc relaxingly.

wish u the best anyways!! :smile:

Thank youu, you too!
Thank youu, you too!

:smile:
Reply 983
Original post by Papanikolaou
Of course and I'm not losing hope or panicking. I'm just a bit surprised because I was expecting invites to be send on a priority basis (those with higher academics first). Since it's 50% tariff 50% ukcat it shouldn't be hard to construct a table with those to scores and start sending invites... I wonder why they take so long. Anyways, congratulations for your interview and good luck with it and the rest of your applications :smile:

where are u from if u don't mind me asking?
:smile:

Are you UK or international? (:
Original post by YvT1
where are u from if u don't mind me asking?

Greece
Reply 986
Greece

I am from cyprus.. also heard nothing with 687.5 UKCAT and 810 tarrif (academic only)..
haha meant relax in a dont sweat manner but oh well.

Yh true, sometimes eg my A Levels getting predicted 4A* is tough but mayb in IB its easier to get predicted the equivalent of 560 UCAS points, if u c wt i mean. so i think its just relative to the qualification u do. My bmat unis hav already replied and they get results for bmat like a month l8r than ukcat lol...

thanks m8 :smile:

Oh boy... not again the IB vs ALevels debate! There was a long discussion about it some time ago and I think it was on this thread (or it could have been the one for kings). The point is that IB has 6 subjects and lots of projects, thats why it's easier to get a high tariff.

I know bmat unis were much faster! Imperial invited me I think about a week after the results were out.
Are you UK or international? (:

Difficult q lol, i was born and raised in london (ilford, a few stops from queen marys by train) and then i moved to dubai when i was in like yr9 partly cuz i was a bit of a bad boi and partly cuz it was better in dubai (still there now). i visit my home in ilford quite often like the whole of summer etc. so i applied as UK (kings gave me home or UK status).
wbu? (u sound as if ur home?)
Original post by YvT1
I am from cyprus.. also heard nothing with 687.5 UKCAT and 810 tarrif (academic only)..

Im confident we will get invited soon :smile:
Reply 990
Im confident we will get invited soon :smile:

me too.. u've applied to imperial too i can see.. also applied there.. :smile:
Original post by YvT1

Yo m8, if u dont mind me asking, could u expand out ur ucas tariff, i.e. like wt u got separately.
Oh boy... not again the IB vs ALevels debate! There was a long discussion about it some time ago and I think it was on this thread (or it could have been the one for kings). The point is that IB has 6 subjects and lots of projects, thats why it's easier to get a high tariff.

I know bmat unis were much faster! Imperial invited me I think about a week after the results were out.

haha, yh its easier to get a higher tariff, thats my point. But a levels r better :wink: (i think i should stop, allow it)

lol cambridge sent me an interview like on the day we sat the bmat. but imperial sent me interview like 2 weeks after results.
Reply 993
Yo m8, if u dont mind me asking, could u expand out ur ucas tariff, i.e. like wt u got separately.

5A* (a levels) prediction (biology, chemistry, physics, maths and greek-cheating here cause greek is my mother tongue)
AS - already have a B at history (a bit disappointed about it) and predicted A for further maths
so if i am not mistaken 5x140=700 + 50 + 60 ==810
Original post by YvT1
5A* (a levels) prediction (biology, chemistry, physics, maths and greek-cheating here cause greek is my mother tongue)
AS - already have a B at history (a bit disappointed about it) and predicted A for further maths
so if i am not mistaken 5x140=700 + 50 + 60 ==810

Aahhh i asked u once before i remember now hahaha.
solid work m8, gd job!! I wish i did like bio or phys or maths in my own time so i could do further maths as an extra AS in skl leading to 5 A levels...
Difficult q lol, i was born and raised in london (ilford, a few stops from queen marys by train) and then i moved to dubai when i was in like yr9 partly cuz i was a bit of a bad boi and partly cuz it was better in dubai (still there now). i visit my home in ilford quite often like the whole of summer etc. so i applied as UK (kings gave me home or UK status).
wbu? (u sound as if ur home?)

I am not a home student, I'm international but I study in Wales. BTW what's the closest train station to Whitechapel?
Reply 996
Aahhh i asked u once before i remember now hahaha.
solid work m8, gd job!! I wish i did like bio or phys or maths in my own time so i could do further maths as an extra AS in skl leading to 5 A levels...

yeah i wasn't sure who asked me before.. ahahaha so you again :tongue: yeah i was doing physics with my brother last year outside school.. that's why i was able to get such a high tarrif :tongue: not that i actually did it for this reason.. i just like physics.. :biggrin:
Of course and I'm not losing hope or panicking. I'm just a bit surprised because I was expecting invites to be send on a priority basis (those with higher academics first). Since it's 50% tariff 50% ukcat it shouldn't be hard to construct a table with those to scores and start sending invites... I wonder why they take so long. Anyways, congratulations for your interview and good luck with it and the rest of your applications :smile:

Interviews for home year 13s is by alpabetic order and are given out 2 weeks before interview because of the article.

So relax..you hear soon..interview or rejection.
haha, yh its easier to get a higher tariff, thats my point. But a levels r better :wink: (i think i should stop, allow it)

lol cambridge sent me an interview like on the day we sat the bmat. but imperial sent me interview like 2 weeks after results.

Yeah I noticed that cambridge sent many invites before the bmat results. My guess is that cambridge interviews everybody meeting the academic requirements and their final decision is made on bmat, tariff, interview score... am I right?
To the people who have received interviews in the past few days, did your invitation emails contain the article or do you get the article at a later date closer to the interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending