The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Aeronautical Engineering Southampton

Hi guys,

Just got my predicted grades and really want to apply to Southampton to study Aeronautical Engineering, I study Electronics, Physics and maths.

Respectively;

Predicted grades: A*AB
AS Grades: AAC (really high C, doing some resits, B's in C1&C2)

Will I get offers? What am I likely to get?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
The course requirements say AAA* but I am going EPQ, which if I get an A* they will usually drop a grade, so A*AB, or AAA.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
One other thing, do they interview?
i got into this years intake for aero & astro on A*AB (maths, further maths, physics) but the B was only 5 marks off an A and got A's in both second year written exams, it was just the practical that let me down. They didn't interview me i assume its the same for everyone else.
Reply 4
I got AAB (B in biology) and still got in. Although external factors such as my PS, extracurricular activities etc may have played a role there too... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're predicted grades of AAB or higher, you'll automatically get an offer of A*AA. If you meet that offer, you're in (obviously). Anything lower then it depends on how many students the uni can accommodate.
Reply 6
I was offered A*AA for mech eng but got AAB on results day and they let me in. (this wasn't through clearing, it was having them as my insurance choice and they offered me a spot after missing their initial offer) haha sorry that was poorly worded. As someone else said there could be other factors and I think I had a pretty solid personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending