The Student Room Group

Does student finance money come through on time?

I remember reading somewhere, for someone it was like a couple days late from course start date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm pretty sure it's like supposed to be 2-3 working days from when you physically enrol at the uni; my uni advised to have enough money for a fortnight just in case the loan doesn't come through on schedule.
Original post by bananaminion
I'm pretty sure it's like supposed to be 2-3 working days from when you physically enrol at the uni; my uni advised to have enough money for a fortnight just in case the loan doesn't come through on schedule.

Hmm, I better get some money from my parents just in case in that case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hitashami
Hmm, I better get some money from my parents just in case in that case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it can be up to 5 days after you've registered so you definitley need money for the first week
Original post by jelly1000
it can be up to 5 days after you've registered so you definitley need money for the first week

By registered you mean turn up on your first day of the start of your course right?
Reply 5
By registered you mean turn up on your first day of the start of your course right?

They normally have a induction day in fresher's. Its 3-5 working days from the day you pick up your student id.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that entirely depends on the uni
Reply 7
How much money would you recommend :s (or how much did you spend on your first week if thats easier to answer)
I'm just starting my second year, and, last year, all three payments arrived in my bank account on the first day of the each term. Although they do say it can take your bank 2-3 days to process it. However mine was fine!
If you're lucky 3-5 days. Sometimes it could be a week or two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jasminpepperpot
I'm just starting my second year, and, last year, all three payments arrived in my bank account on the first day of the each term. Although they do say it can take your bank 2-3 days to process it. However mine was fine!

What uni are you at if you don't mind?
Actually it's fine guys. Managed to get my student overdraft!! Hehe :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending