The Student Room Group

Registered biomedical science...no job??

So I will be starting my placement year soon so that I can register as a biomedical scientist. Was really excited to start, however, I was just looking through current biomed vacancies but majority of them asked for 1/2 years post registration experience...

Now I'm worried i'll end up with no job.. :frown:

Any advice or anyone who did or didn't find a job after placement?
Reply 1
Original post by 2468
So I will be starting my placement year soon so that I can register as a biomedical scientist. Was really excited to start, however, I was just looking through current biomed vacancies but majority of them asked for 1/2 years post registration experience...

Now I'm worried i'll end up with no job.. :frown:

Any advice or anyone who did or didn't find a job after placement?

Don't worry too much. Lots of band 5 BMS positions don't require post-registration experience because they're supposed to be suitable for graduates!

In any case, you don't always have to match every single point in a person specification to get the job. Depending on what you do during your placement and any other experience you have, you may even be able to apply for the vacancies you saw.
Reply 2
Anyone else?
Reply 3
you can try to find graduate schemes/job on targetjobs.
Newly Qualified jobs are some of the few jobs i nthe NHS that don;t have to be put onto NHSjobs - this allows HEIs and trusts which have placement relationships to run a clearing house for these vacancies.,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending