The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Open Day Tomorrow

Morning everyone

If you're coming to the Loughborough Open Day tomorrow or on Saturday don't forget to plan your day so you can get the most out of it.

You can download the Open Day Guide which will tell you everything you need to know. And if you have any questions you can't find an answer to, post on here and I'll find out for you. :smile:

If you follow us on twitter @lborouniversity you'll get updates throughout the day and reminders for the key talks that are going on.

We love selfies and photos here at lboro (the results day selfies were brilliant! :cool: )- and we're offering a free LU hoodie to the best one from the Open Days

Just post your pics of the day on twitter / Instagram using the hashtag
#LboroOpenDay

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sunshine! :crossedf:

Vicky
You might also want to use our Open Day Map which will tell you what's on in each building.

There's free WiFi across campus (to save your mobile data usage!), just look out for the WiFi posters at the Information Desks to access the daily code.

Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Open Day has been a great success today, lots of people and a great atmosphere.
If you're coming tomorrow enjoy your day!
Vicky
Hi,
I tried to send an email yesterday, but the computer had a mind of it own and sent nonsense. My son is away hence we can't make the open day and I am helping him finalise his Uni choices. He is interested in International Business with Spanish. Loughborough looks a great option, except that there is no detail at all given about the Spanish part; what is covered, what proportion of the degree. He wants to learn business context Spanish, rather than be discussing the finer points of literature.
Can you let me know how we can find out about this? Also, Loughborough doesn't seem to have a spanish department- so how is it taught.
Thanks for any help you can give- even an email address of the right person would be helpful
Hi Motherleyadvice

I'm just getting in touch with the admissions team in the business school and I'll get back to you as soon as I have the info you want.

Vicky
Hi
I've had a response from the Business School - please see below. If you would like the course structure e-mailed to you, please PM me your e-mail address.
Vicky

International Business students can choose to study either French, German or Spanish as part of the course if they have previously studied the language at AS Level or above. This would be studied as an optional module as part of the course.

The University Wide Language Programme runs language modules at various levels, and on commencement of the course the student is assessed to make sure they are studying at the appropriate level. For example a student who has studied A Level Spanish will start on Level 7.

The module is taught by our Politics, History and International Relations department. For details about the contents of the module, you can contact the Language Centre: 01509 222977 / [email protected]
Thank you- that's great.
i will get him to email the language school.
Your welcome
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending