The Student Room Group

Boyfriend left to go on holiday for 2 weeks last night. Didn't even say bye.

Last night he was supposed to ring because he was leaving in the early hours of the morning. He didn't ring so I text him and he said he had been busy and would try and Facebook me when he gets wifi when he gets there. He didn't make much effort to talk to me before he left and didn't even say goodbye or anything like that. When I went away we Skyped before I went and I kept him updated during my journey.

I now don't know when I'm next going to hear from him because I don't know if he will ever have wifi in the hotel. I don't get it. It's like he doesn't care that we won't really speak for 2 weeks, the last few days I've hardly heard from him and although he keeps promising to ring he never does. I know he's been busy but still I think he could find a few minutes to message me.

I'm so confused and anxious about it. I don't like to think I won't know what's going on for another 2 weeks.

Ps. It's a family holiday so I don't think he's going to cheat if that's what you're thinking.

Scroll to see replies

oh leave him be. He was busy packing and looking forward to his holiday with his family.

And just because you have to message him all the time during your holiday doesnt mean he has to.

I think you'll live
Sometimes it can be a bit of a last minute rush - ain't no accounting for a last minute rush :rolleyes:
Chill out. No one likes someone who wants to know exactly what they're doing and when. It's a holiday. For two weeks. Relax.
Little harsh he didn't say bye but having said that he is allowed to have a good time with his family and relax, I am sure you will both appreciate each other more when he comes back.
Jesus Christ you sound like a nightmare. Let him breathe a bit and enjoy his holiday.

2 weeks is nothing.
How old are you OP?
Original post by silverbolt
oh leave him be. He was busy packing and looking forward to his holiday with his family.

And just because you have to message him all the time during your holiday doesnt mean he has to.

I think you'll live

Hardly difficult to make a 2 minute call saying 'bye, I'll miss you' - in fact, you could do that whilst packing.
I would be upset, by the fact that he didn't bother saying goodbye, not that you won't know what he's doing - it's a family holiday, so like you said, nothing to be worried about. But certainly, a quick goodbye phone call is nothing, I usually call my bf whilst packing the night before as I'm a last min packer and he does the same. I think the fact that he didn't even bother with a quick phone call just shows a clear lack of care.
I also think it's unfair of him to keep saying he'll ring but never do so - if he isn't going to don't say it!
Reply 9
I'm not being needy! I don't need him to be constantly in contact with me. But the truth is we already haven't seen each other for a week due to distance and in that week he has phoned me about once for 15 minutes. I kept thinking I'd hear from him properly before he left but didn't. Communication is supposed to be key to a relationship so I don't know why people are making out I'm a psycho. Also I'm 24 if people are wondering, it's not some kid relationship.
Greet him at the airport and make him go to an STD clinic with you before you let him near you again.

Ask to see his e-mails and internet history. Forbid passwords or make him give you them for peace of mind.

While he's gone, riffle through his home and check his wardrobes, under his bed and mattress, in the bedside cabinets for anything that looks suspicious.

Ring the phone company and ask for the last three month phone records.

Check his credit card statements for dodgy items like lingerie, jewellery and perfumes you never received.

Phone his boss and ask how much holiday he has taken in the last year.

Book a slot on Jeremy Kyle.

Alternately, take a chill pill and greet him warmly when he gets back.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by uberteknik
Greet him at the airport and make him go to an STD clinic with you before you let him near you again.

Ask to see his e-mails and internet history. Forbid passwords or make him give you them for peace of mind.

While he's gone, riffle through his home and check his wardrobes, under his bed, in the bedside cabinets for anything that looks suspicious.

Ring the phone company and ask for the last three month phone records.

Check his credit card statements for dodgy items like lingerie, jewellery and perfumes you never received.

Phone his boss and ask how much holiday he has taken in the last year.

Alternately, take a chill pill and greet him warmly when he gets back.

LOL ah man, for some weird reason this made my morning

That sarcasm lolol
I think he should have called you to say bye, and he should have called if/ when he said he was going to call. For that, I agree with you. But yeah, you are being needy. 2 weeks is nothing! Sometimes people need time apart, like another commentator said, just because you were in constant contact on hol doesn't mean he wants to. It doesn't necessarily mean he loves you less/ is cheating or is being a dick, he might just wanna chill with his family.
I would be really upset if my boyfriend did that to me. I am sure he had just a few minutes to spare to say bye to you etc.
Original post by joker12345
Hardly difficult to make a 2 minute call saying 'bye, I'll miss you' - in fact, you could do that whilst packing.

hardly difficult to not expect be the exact epicentre of everything he does.
Reply 15
Yes all women
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not being needy! I don't need him to be constantly in contact with me. But the truth is we already haven't seen each other for a week due to distance and in that week he has phoned me about once for 15 minutes. I kept thinking I'd hear from him properly before he left but didn't. Communication is supposed to be key to a relationship so I don't know why people are making out I'm a psycho. Also I'm 24 if people are wondering, it's not some kid relationship.

Okay, how long have you been together?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not like he's gone forever. You sound a bit clingy.
Reply 18
Original post by joker12345

This. It'd annoy me because it's simply a lack of courtesy.
I'd expect at least a short call or text from my bf as well. They usually have time at the airport before boarding. I don't need a long chat but a quick msg to say bye would be sufficient.

Latest

Trending

Trending