The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheMagican
hi there is that visit day for just Pharmacy student offer holders?

It says it is Pharmacy Applicant Day - Sat 6 December 2014 so it is only for people given an interview for Pharmacy. No idea about offers or other subjects I'm afraid! :redface:

Original post by presidential_
don't worry, it's a very laid back and casual interview.

Thanks, that's really reassuring! :biggrin: I've got 4 interviews now so with any luck I'll be well-practised by then!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
My application was only sent off yesterday but I received an offer for Philosophy today! I'm quite happy as I checked track about 3 times today but only noticed it when I got home as I got an email from UCAS saying something had changed on my application.
hi there is that visit day for just Pharmacy student offer holders?

the visit days are all organised by department as they are tailored towards similar courses.
Got an unconditional offer (if I firm UEA) for geography and international development with overseas experience yesterday 10 hours after I sent off my application.
Original post by Kandybars
My application was only sent off yesterday but I received an offer for Philosophy today! I'm quite happy as I checked track about 3 times today but only noticed it when I got home as I got an email from UCAS saying something had changed on my application.

What time did you get the email/ i heard that ucas wont sent a email after 5.30pm untill the next day but unsure if its true?
What time did you get the email/ i heard that ucas wont sent a email after 5.30pm untill the next day but unsure if its true?

I got a few offers around midnight such as my UEA offer which I received after midnight :smile:
Original post by maymuyt
I got a few offers around midnight such as my UEA offer which I received after midnight :smile:

I got the email at 4:58pm and track said the update was made at 4:31pm. I'm not sure whether or not that's true but UCAS does close at a certain time I guess. If you're unsure and, you can still check track anyway and you may get offers after 5:30pm

Original post by maymuyt

Wow! I didn't know they could send offers so late haha.
Original post by maymuyt

Wow! was it a email or did you just log in randomly. Thanks in advance.
Wow! was it a email or did you just log in randomly. Thanks in advance.

I just logged in randomnly because I had that inkling of a feeling and then half an hour later, it came through my email which said something has changed on your UCAS application.
Will you be firming your offer from UEA?
Original post by maymuyt
I just logged in randomnly because I had that inkling of a feeling and then half an hour later, it came through my email which said something has changed on your UCAS application.
Will you be firming your offer from UEA?

Yeah for Law, now im doing the same just checking on ucas every 15minutes just incase:biggrin::biggrin:
Yeah for Law, now im doing the same just checking on ucas every 15minutes just incase:biggrin::biggrin:

Don't kill yourself! What ones are you waiting for now?
The course I'm looking at (English Lit) at UEA has entry requirements of AAB, if I'm predicted AAA will they ask me for that or stick to AAB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheSmartOne
The course I'm looking at (English Lit) at UEA has entry requirements of AAB, if I'm predicted AAA will they ask me for that or stick to AAB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe it depends on the institution. AAB is the minimum entry requirement so perhaps - it depends on other factors as well as you know :smile:
Original post by maymuyt
I believe it depends on the institution. AAB is the minimum entry requirement so perhaps - it depends on other factors as well as you know :smile:

Hmm okay. I just don't want to lose my place if I end up getting AAB in August, and they'd asked for AAA.
Original post by TheSmartOne

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied and got a conditional offer of AAB and unconditional if firm and I'm predicted 4A*s at A level. So I wouldn't worry, I don't think they tend to offer higher than their standard entry requirements
Original post by Kandybars

I've now been upgraded to an unconditional offer OMG :biggrin: My eyes starting watering when I saw it I'm so happy! Unfortunately UEA is not my first choice (Nottingham is but they haven't even sent an acknowledgement email yet :frown:) but I'm still really pleased and proud of myself as it means they must've been impressed.

They also said:
"We expect that you’ll continue to excel in your studies and do remember that if you achieve at least AAA at A-level, or equivalent, you are guaranteed a £1500 scholarship in your first year."
Original post by poppyba
I've got offers from Kent and Exeter and have also applied to York! I visited on one of their open days and my sister also went to the uni and it's so nice!! Norwich is also really lovely! Are you planning on going to an applicant day?

Aw! Yeah I'm going to go to an applicant day but I haven't booked it yet, probably should! ^_^ Well done on your offers, those are really great universities, I know someone who does Psychology at Kent and she loves it there! :smile:
Has anyone heard back for English lit and creative writing? I sent off my portfolio Thursday.
Original post by rainshadow
Has anyone heard back for English lit and creative writing? I sent off my portfolio Thursday.

I've received an unconditional a few days after I sent my portfolio off :smile:
Original post by University of East Anglia
Hi Georgina,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer :smile:
If you accept the offer and go firm with us, it will be reflected on UCAS within 10 days.

Best wishes,

Gary

Got a conditional do Law, but no invite to offer holders day. When/how will i get my invite since the person on the phone said that invites will be within the 'letter; section of the offer, which it is not. Thank you.

Latest

Trending

Trending