The Student Room Group

I'm so sensitive that I can't handle criticism

So yesterday I recieved criticism thy reduced me to tears. After putting so much effort Into something I was told that I wasn't prepared at all and that I tend to hide myself. Anyone know any ways to stop being so sensitive?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So yesterday I recieved criticism thy reduced me to tears. After putting so much effort Into something I was told that I wasn't prepared at all and that I tend to hide myself. Anyone know any ways to stop being so sensitive?

By taking insults. I used to be like that, got bullied for a long time. No I don't really care about any insults

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were you criticised for? If you got a bad grade at school then you didn't work hard enough and only have yourself to blame. But if it's about how you look, don't care about what other people think. You yourself have to believe you're pretty.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
What were you criticised for? If you got a bad grade at school then you didn't work hard enough and only have yourself to blame. But if it's about how you look, don't care about what other people think.

You yourself have to believe you're pretty.

The bit I've separated from the rest not necessarily. The rest yes, but that bit isn't really that important

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Hey Anonymous. I read your post and I want to tell you that I am sensitive as well but not always I feel ashamed for receiving a critic. Not any critic means bad intention. I think that it has to do with the lack of self-confidence so try to work on it.
I am so much like you OP. When I get criticism I start to cry, when someone speaks to me in a high tone like in a serious way against me then I start to cry. I cry all the time lol we can't control ourselves as we are too nice and cannot stand harsh circumstances. I would definitely say its to do with our confidence. Like today at sixth form in my Tutor group the teacher asked who wanted to be the form representative and as part of the student council. I put my hand up as well as another girl and guy. Teacher picked me to give my reasons why I am good for the student council. I was in front of the class and all those intimidating eyes made heat come out of my neck and ears and face lol if that makes sense and it felt like I was going red so quick. And no I didn't get picked the guy did, I was gonna cry but he was really nice and confident when he gave his reasons so the class voted for him...so embarrassing. We will both rise one day! Just believe.

Quick Reply

Latest