The Student Room Group

2015 Admissions

Is anyone applying for architecture and the built environment course this October?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ianna.andreea
Is anyone applying for architecture and the built environment course this October?

You mean a course in that field yeah? If so then I am! :smile: I'm applying to four unis for the straight architecture and one for architecture and planning :smile:
Original post by sgic31
You mean a course in that field yeah? If so then I am! :smile: I'm applying to four unis for the straight architecture and one for architecture and planning :smile:

Yay! I'm applying for straight architecture too. What unis are you applying to? :smile:
Reply 3
UWE Bristol
Cardiff
Oxford Brookes
Plymouth
then Portsmouth or UCL
...I really wanna apply to UCL but it just seems so competitive and I feel so pressured organising a portfolio for it because I heard it's so art based so not really sure on my fifth choice, haha! how about you? :smile:
Original post by sgic31
UWE Bristol
Cardiff
Oxford Brookes
Plymouth
then Portsmouth or UCL
...I really wanna apply to UCL but it just seems so competitive and I feel so pressured organising a portfolio for it because I heard it's so art based so not really sure on my fifth choice, haha! how about you? :smile:

I applied for:
Cambridge
UCL
Oxford Brookes
UAL
Westminster
Well I guess UCL is my very first choice altho it's so so competitive. I decided it's worth trying. And Brookes is also quite nice, a combination between Cambridge and UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi, did you get your task from UCL? I just got it and it is not quite clear to me if all drawings should be in pencil or not. i already started working on the task, first one I did in watercolors... What did you do?
Original post by peanut.butter3
hi, did you get your task from UCL? I just got it and it is not quite clear to me if all drawings should be in pencil or not. i already started working on the task, first one I did in watercolors... What did you do?

Hey! I did receive my task, in fact my deadline is 28th of October, when it should be received by UCL. Well they can be in any technique, except collages, photographs and other 3D stuff. I used watercolors, acrils, charcoal, pastel, graphite and markers. I still have 2 works to do tho. What subject did you choose- 1,2 or 3? (Just use the numbers, let's not let others know the task just yet muahahaha)
(edited 9 years ago)
uuu, that's quite mean:smile:)
i applied at K100 so maybe we don't have the same task...anyhow i did my first one on 2, 30 minutes
aren't we supposed to draw only the three themes given by ucl? i mean, my counselor told me i should draw on each theme twice, you know, with the given time limits. did't you understand the same thing from the task?
uuu, that's quite mean:smile:)
i applied at K100 so maybe we don't have the same task...anyhow i did my first one on 2, 30 minutes
aren't we supposed to draw only the three themes given by ucl? i mean, my counselor told me i should draw on each theme twice, you know, with the given time limits. did't you understand the same thing from the task?

Applied for K100 too, we have the very same task. The task is quite ambiguous. My counselor told me to do all the times in each work- which I found stupid. I researched a bit through previous assessment tasks, I reread the email and finally decided that I should choose only one subject and then follow the time lines for each of the 6 works. They mention that in the text we need to write to explain the stuff we did, we should say why we chose that specific subject. That's why I understood to do all the 6 works on a subject. Dunno, hope it'll be fine
i understood we are supposed to write at each paper why we chose that subject. anyhow, the task is interpretable. i thought of asking for clarifications from bartlett directly, but i am easily intimidated. so which one did you choose?
i understood we are supposed to write at each paper why we chose that subject. anyhow, the task is interpretable. i thought of asking for clarifications from bartlett directly, but i am easily intimidated. so which one did you choose?

Yeah, I guess it just matters more how one solves the task not how it interprets it. I chose the first one :smile:)))
What deadline you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
4 nov but I would like to send it as quickly as possible because they have this thing , "being spontaneous and having a quick answer to the task". I think i'll send it monday or tuesday...
4 nov but I would like to send it as quickly as possible because they have this thing , "being spontaneous and having a quick answer to the task". I think i'll send it monday or tuesday...

Yap and you also get your answer sooner. How about grades, portfolio, all the other stuff? :smile:)) most important stuff these times I may add

Posted from TSR Mobile
well, in my country we have the baccalaureat , but it isn't the international type. we have grades from 1 to 10, 10 being the best. my teachers predicted overall above 9, which is true and quite good, and the portfolio is coming along, with the stuff that i already have, some projects in the process, and as I am also applying to sheffield and they ask for a selection from the portfolio, it's going to be a lot of work in the next few weeks, plus i have my ielts in november...
how about you?
well, in my country we have the baccalaureat , but it isn't the international type. we have grades from 1 to 10, 10 being the best. my teachers predicted overall above 9, which is true and quite good, and the portfolio is coming along, with the stuff that i already have, some projects in the process, and as I am also applying to sheffield and they ask for a selection from the portfolio, it's going to be a lot of work in the next few weeks, plus i have my ielts in november...
how about you?

What country are you from? I'm neither from UK and we have the same system with grades from 1 to 10 and my teachers predicted 9.5 and I got Ielts Band 8.

Posted from TSR Mobile
romania, cluj
romania, cluj

Puteam sa jur ca esti din Romania :smile:))) nu cred ca mai are cineva sistem de invatamant ca al nostru. Andreea, acum din Brasov, liceul de arte plastice :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
si eu ma gandeam, dar cand am vazut ianna nu eram sigura. hai sa vorbim altundeva sa nu se adune aici:smile:)
si eu ma gandeam, dar cand am vazut ianna nu eram sigura. hai sa vorbim altundeva sa nu se adune aici:smile:)

Kik, facebook, email, whapp? :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
facebook

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending