The Student Room Group

Can you get away with swapping gcse grades on UCAS?

A few people I've known have managed to swap their gcse grades around... for example one of them achieved an A in English Lit and a B in English Lang but for her preferred course required an A in English Lang so she simply swapped the 2 grades around...

Clearly, I don't think you're allowed to do that. But she hasn't got caught, no-one's required any certificates or paperworks and she's currently at her chosen uni doing her chosen course.

Can UCAS check up on gcse results and know whether you're "lying" or not? Just out of curiosity...
Original post by Salwa_
A few people I've known have managed to swap their gcse grades around... for example one of them achieved an A in English Lit and a B in English Lang but for her preferred course required an A in English Lang so she simply swapped the 2 grades around...

Clearly, I don't think you're allowed to do that. But she hasn't got caught, no-one's required any certificates or paperworks and she's currently at her chosen uni doing her chosen course.

Can UCAS check up on gcse results and know whether you're "lying" or not? Just out of curiosity...

If UCAS finds out then you'll be rejected by all your choices.

If your uni finds out during your course, you'll get kicked out.

If your uni finds out after your course, you'll lose your degree.

... at least I hope that's what will happen
Reply 2
How can either of which find out? I'm not planning on too btw aha, I'm just curious on their behalf
Original post by Salwa_
How can either of which find out? I'm not planning on too btw aha, I'm just curious on their behalf

Many institutions request to see your GCSE Certificates.
Reply 4
Original post by Salwa_

I think they must be able to because:

I know one person who was rejected by a university and the reason they gave was because he had not listed his C at short course PE which marred his set of A*s and As.

I know someone else where the university rang to check as he had an A* in German but and A* and an A in the 2 short courses (speaking & listening and reading & writing) making up the overall A* which he hadn't listed.

In both cases the university must have had access to the results in order to query them. (Both cases were for medicine, but other courses may be as rigorous).
Yeah, I don't think they'd get away with it really.

Quick Reply

Latest