The Student Room Group

Eligibility for loans in the UK

Hi,

I hope you can help.

I was thinking to start a MSc in UK next year and I have heard about the possibility for student to ask for a loan, so that I found this forum.

I am Italian and I have been working for 3 years in the Rupublic in Ireland.

Am I eligible to apply for a loan in the UK?

If it is possible, what can I do to apply and how?

Thanks a lot.

Antonio
Hello

You would be able to apply as an EU student and receive a tuition fee loan.

Alternatively it may be possible to apply for full funding as a migrant worker. The criteria is as follows:

Be EEA or Swiss National

Be resident in the EEA for at least 3 years before the start of the course

Be resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year

You/your partner/your parent or step-parent must be working throughout your studies.

Show the pursuing an activity which is effective and genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary (this would be deemed as low level or infrequent employment where the student cannot fully support themselves financially)

Be working throughout your studies and receive remuneration for this work i.e. wages, but can also have “pocket money” for voluntary employment i.e. Au Pair*. We will require you to send in evidence such as a P60, Contract of Employment, Payslips

Reply 2
Hello Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know how I can apply for a tuition fee loan or full funding as migrant worker?
Hi, you can get a loan to pay the tuition fees as a an EU student you can do this by filling out a paper form and sending with your Passport. I will attach the link to the form to this email. Thanks

http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/media/722324/eu_eu14n_1415_d.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending