The Student Room Group

A Level Retake Help. What are my options?

Hi all,
I am currently in Pursuit of a certain job but to be eligible, I will need to A Levels between grades A-C. I don't have this. I done an Apprenticeship after coming out of sixth form which I will complete at the end of October. This will count as one equivalent so I just need one more A Level.

After looking at my previous results, I noticed I was just 1 UMS grade away from a C in my ICT A Level. It has however, been over a year since I last attended my sixth form. I contacted them nonetheless and they said they couldn't help me!

I'm not interested in doing a whole year learning an A level subject again so is there a way I could get my scripts remarked after all this time or a place in which I can just resit the exam without having to do any learning?
Reply 1
Original post by ryan789010
I just need one more A Level.

After looking at my previous results, I noticed I was just 1 UMS grade away from a C in my ICT A Level. It has however, been over a year since I last attended my sixth form. I contacted them nonetheless and they said they couldn't help me!

I'm not interested in doing a whole year learning an A level subject again so is there a way I could get my scripts remarked after all this time or a place in which I can just resit the exam without having to do any learning?

Too late for a re-mark -the deadline is 20 Sep after the results come out.

Any exam centre (=any secondary school or college) can accept you as a private candidate to take exams but not many do. Look on the relevant exam board website for advice to private candidates, but you will probably have to ring round to find one to accept you. The entry deadline for next summer is 21 Feb but most places will close their books to private candidates well before that date so start looking well before Christmas.

Quick Reply

Latest