The Student Room Group

English Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by professoranus
FINALLY sent in my UCAS. i can join you in the circle of anticipation. :smile::smile:

Ah, exciting!!! Where'd you apply for? :smile:
Original post by Sixteeen
I've applied to Clare too! Got an interview offer today! Have you heard anything? :smile:

Yep, I got an interview offer today too! :smile: how are you preparing for it?
Original post by irodger
Ah that's really good well done! What are your grades/ subjects and when did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got AABB at As in Lit, English Lang, history and biology
predicted A*A*A in Lit, English Lang& history i applied for cambridge so before the October 15 deadline, I don't remember the exact date

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 183
Original post by irodger
Where are you applying to?

Birmingham, Nottingham, UEA, Loughborough and Goldsmiths
Which course?

English with American studies/literature

A Level (Predicted)

English lit: A (took this last year so already have the grade)
English lang: A
Psychology: A
Classics: A

AS:
English Lang: A
Psychology: A
Classics:A

is anyone else applying for english joint honours? Very few top universities seem to offer English and American studies and I'm unsure whether I've made the right university choice now! Also has anyone heard back from Birmingham?

Have you heard back from loughborough yet?
Reply 184
Original post by LJDRx
Have you heard back from loughborough yet?

Havent heard back from any as only sent on Friday, will let you know if I do though :-)
Reply 185
Original post by irodger
Havent heard back from any as only sent on Friday, will let you know if I do though :-)

Ah sent mine off exactly the same time as you. Thank you!
Original post by wendlabergmann
Ah, exciting!!! Where'd you apply for? :smile:

Thanks, I am. and UCL (first choice) King's, QMUL and Bristol. :smile:
Original post by cchan1120
Haha yes, you are wiser than I am :biggrin: where else r u applying to? (not bothered to scroll back to previous posts)

Hi guys, I'm an international student from HK as well, hope you don't mind my joining in on the conversation :smile: I've gotten offers from Bristol, Exeter and St. Andrews, waiting on Warwick and Oxord - congrats on those lovely offers!
Original post by booface16
Hi guys, I'm an international student from HK as well, hope you don't mind my joining in on the conversation :smile: I've gotten offers from Bristol, Exeter and St. Andrews, waiting on Warwick and Oxord - congrats on those lovely offers!

hi! :biggrin: I'm still waiting on St. Andrews and Oxford! I'm nervous for St Andrews now... what offer did they give you in terms of the IB?

If you don't mind me asking - what's your IB predicted?
If you don't mind me asking - what's your IB predicted?

IB predicted 41 :smile:
hi! :biggrin: I'm still waiting on St. Andrews and Oxford! I'm nervous for St Andrews now... what offer did they give you in terms of the IB?

I just got it today, don't worry At first I thought it might be a rejection because it's still pretty early lol It was actually same as my Bristol offer, 38 IB, except they didn't specify how many points were needed in HL. I'll graduate with a Canadian diploma as well, so an alternate offer was 85 OSSD. Do you know anyone who's gotten an English offer from Warwick?
I just got it today, don't worry At first I thought it might be a rejection because it's still pretty early lol It was actually same as my Bristol offer, 38 IB, except they didn't specify how many points were needed in HL. I'll graduate with a Canadian diploma as well, so an alternate offer was 85 OSSD. Do you know anyone who's gotten an English offer from Warwick?

haha thanks! Thats reassuring! No, I don't know anyone who's gotten an English offer from Warwick yet! My friend is currently doing English Literature and Creative Writing at Warwick and she loves it!

how was the ELAT for you?
haha thanks! Thats reassuring! No, I don't know anyone who's gotten an English offer from Warwick yet! My friend is currently doing English Literature and Creative Writing at Warwick and she loves it!

It was okay - I picked Dickens and Elizabeth Bishop then talked about mood and the negative view both pieces present on traveling and journeying but using different literary devices and a different style. who knows with essays? :/ What did you pick? I feel like some of the past papers were a lot easier, but oh well..

oh, I forget to ask - are you from an ESF school?
It was okay - I picked Dickens and Elizabeth Bishop then talked about mood and the negative view both pieces present on traveling and journeying but using different literary devices and a different style. who knows with essays? :/ What did you pick? I feel like some of the past papers were a lot easier, but oh well..

Oh my gosh same! I thought that some of the past papers were a lot easier too! I picked Dickens and Rossetti, talked about the general theme of how "life was a journey" and then went in depth to discuss companionship within journeys with close analysis of the narrative voice, language, structure, genre. Yea, nobody really knows! I found it okay :biggrin:
oh, I forget to ask - are you from an ESF school?

Yes I'm from an ESF school! And you? or are you from CDNIS (Canadian Credits..?) haha
hahah yeah :smile: gave it away there huh? hehe :biggrin:
hahah yeah :smile: gave it away there huh? hehe :biggrin:

haha yes :smile: Which uni is your first choice?
Original post by ShonaM6920
Yep, I got an interview offer today too! :smile: how are you preparing for it?

congrats! They always say not to overprepare but I want to do something :/ I don't mind interviews but I'm still nervous :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending