The Student Room Group

What's your university goal?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by somemightsay888
Accountancy is OK, quite time consuming but I'm liking it :biggrin: I've never done business either, some of the terms are quite alien to me haha! If your mum has a good grasp of English and Maths and computers the course should be a blast for her :smile: What are your thoughts on the campus?

Aha cool stuff :biggrin: Ohh right I feel the exact same too! Most words in business are pretty much like Greek to me, I'm just always like: :wtf:" haha
Yep my mum has a very good understanding of English and Maths, however, her computer knowledge has diminished over the years as she did her BA and MA in Business Economics over 21 years ago but she's slowly learning again! The campus, I think, is great, much better some other universities I've seen haha - It's quite cosy with everything in one spot all around each other; I like it :smile: How about you? What do you think of it? (P.S.- Excuse my late reply, was working on my Business assignment!)
Original post by Lovinlife2
Aha cool stuff :biggrin: Ohh right I feel the exact same too! Most words in business are pretty much like Greek to me, I'm just always like: :wtf:" haha
Yep my mum has a very good understanding of English and Maths, however, her computer knowledge has diminished over the years as she did her BA and MA in Business Economics over 21 years ago but she's slowly learning again! The campus, I think, is great, much better some other universities I've seen haha - It's quite cosy with everything in one spot all around each other; I like it :smile: How about you? What do you think of it? (P.S.- Excuse my late reply, was working on my Business assignment!)

Thought I'd been left hanging haha. A lot of International terms are used in Accounting, some words are poorly explained or not explained at all so a lot of the time our class are just :eek:

You'll need good computer knowledge, SAGE (Accounting software fairly advanced compared to your regular programmes) and some deep Office Applications knowledge. It's not too hard to learn but formulas and stuff look horribly difficult to people who haven't seen them before :smile: I absolutely hate the campus, it's run down, pretty dirty as soon as you go down the steps and just a bit cold for me; the dull brick building remind me of concentration camps, it's just a bit of an unpleasant place. I do like the SU though, really nice and well kept and the students seem quite friendly! :smile:
Thought I'd been left hanging haha. A lot of International terms are used in Accounting, some words are poorly explained or not explained at all so a lot of the time our class are just :eek:

You'll need good computer knowledge, SAGE (Accounting software fairly advanced compared to your regular programmes) and some deep Office Applications knowledge. It's not too hard to learn but formulas and stuff look horribly difficult to people who haven't seen them before :smile: I absolutely hate the campus, it's run down, pretty dirty as soon as you go down the steps and just a bit cold for me; the dull brick building remind me of concentration camps, it's just a bit of an unpleasant place. I do like the SU though, really nice and well kept and the students seem quite friendly! :smile:

Haha lol sorry! Ohh I see, gee that's not good at all! :redface:

Gosh, okay, didn't realise that you needed THAT much indepth computer knowledge haha - I'll let her know that. Of course, me looking at some of the formulas makes me go a bit squint eyed (not literally though!) haha :smile:

Ah I do get your point of view of the campus and that I have to partly agree with you - but check out some other universities/colleges in Birmingham and you'll feel that North Campus is FAR better haha. Couple of more years left and then we're out! :biggrin: Planning on doing a Masters?
Ooh yeah, the SU is lovely - the students there helpful as well as friendly! :smile:
Get a high 2:1/first
Conserve money!/prepare ahead
Get a part time job.
Find that cute guy you met who said here was applying here in you faculty = I found him once, but I, giving up on that dream *sigh -good by best looking guy in the faculty!*
have a realtionship?
Get drunk for the first time? = Well Ive got tipsy a few times. maybe drunk.
Get a good placement that helps you figure out whether or not you ever want to go into research.
Sort out where you want God to be in your life.
Not to be a complete slob, keep exercising. Eat well and all that! :smile:
Haha I'm sure your mom can cope, once you get a firm grip on the basics it's pretty easy and the course is good in the fact that it assumes little to no prior knowledge so you can go into it having never done a single bit of accounting.

I see the Aston Campus in the City Centre, christ it's so so nice. The colour scheme is nice and it has a weird but nice shiny look to it, kinda sad I have to pass it by. And I've got a transfer for next year, Bangor University, so I won't be here hopefully :smile: The lecturers are really nice though and very hands on, I'm glad this myth of "the lecturers just sit there and talk for a few minutes it's all up to you" isn't true at BCU :biggrin: Nah, not planning on a masters as it's a waste of time for Accounting :frown:

Yeah the SU is really nice, have you joined any societies or anything there?

Original post by Lovinlife2
Haha lol sorry! Ohh I see, gee that's not good at all! :redface:

Gosh, okay, didn't realise that you needed THAT much indepth computer knowledge haha - I'll let her know that. Of course, me looking at some of the formulas makes me go a bit squint eyed (not literally though!) haha :smile:

Ah I do get your point of view of the campus and that I have to partly agree with you - but check out some other universities/colleges in Birmingham and you'll feel that North Campus is FAR better haha. Couple of more years left and then we're out! :biggrin: Planning on doing a Masters?
Ooh yeah, the SU is lovely - the students there helpful as well as friendly! :smile:
Reply 125
Get a minimum of a 2:1 and finish my advanced Mandarin classes then once university is done I plan on moving to Singapore but if for whatever reason that doesn't happen I will go to China :smile:
Reply 126
I want to see a pillow fight between netball and cheerleading.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
great company to work for id say! minus the salary...
lived where:? and for how long:? how did yeh get a job like that:?

any relationships in between:?

I lived in Japan and Australia :h:

Relationships are confidential information! :tongue:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I lived in Japan and Australia :h:

Relationships are confidential information! :tongue:

tastey macs! how you get to do that:?

and come on man at least pm if nothing else:tongue:

clearly someone on tsr so..
Haha I'm sure your mom can cope, once you get a firm grip on the basics it's pretty easy and the course is good in the fact that it assumes little to no prior knowledge so you can go into it having never done a single bit of accounting.

I see the Aston Campus in the City Centre, christ it's so so nice. The colour scheme is nice and it has a weird but nice shiny look to it, kinda sad I have to pass it by. And I've got a transfer for next year, Bangor University, so I won't be here hopefully :smile: The lecturers are really nice though and very hands on, I'm glad this myth of "the lecturers just sit there and talk for a few minutes it's all up to you" isn't true at BCU :biggrin: Nah, not planning on a masters as it's a waste of time for Accounting :frown:

Yeah the SU is really nice, have you joined any societies or anything there?

Ahh I totally understand - well my mum doesn't have much knowledge of accounting, although during the years that she learnt Business and Economics, she grasped the basics of it and now wants to develop that knowledge further :smile:

Oh wow, yes I totally agree, I'm right next to the Aston campus actually and I agree with you when you say it's really nice! So so vibrant with loads of life :') Ooh Bangor university - nice one :smile: Hope you enjoy it there for the transfer :smile: Oh yeah I agree with you on that as well - I'm so thankful that the lecturers ACTUALLY interact with you instead of sitting there giving you powerpoint presentations and not doing much communication! :biggrin:

Ahh okay :frown: well would you consider doing a masters that was vaguely related to Accounting? Or would you ever consider doing a masters at all??

Indeed I have - I only joined one as I didn't have enough time to scavenge round to see what was on offer as my lectures finished at 4:30pm so I had to be quick! But I joined the Hindu Society :biggrin: and you?
Yeah, the Aston place looks so nice and shiny :smile: I would never want to leave if I was there Aha thanks, and yeah the lecturers are pretty decent here, they even take the time in lesson to sit with you and make sure what you do is right!

Nah I wouldn't do a masters related to accounting, waste of time. But, if I was doing a different subject I would do one, something like English Lit MA I would like :smile:

Nah I haven't joined any societies as of yet, haven't seen anything I like :frown: And btw, there's a BCU Student Union site with every society on there if you want to have a look at that :smile:
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
Get a first, have enough money to do a masters and hopefully get my first kiss!

Why are you going to pay for your first kiss? :frown:
Reply 132
They already laid out terms for me after I contacted them :smile: You just email the admissions and then they usually forward your course prospectus to the head of department. My course in the first year was the exact same as the one there, so my terms were lenient. In less than a day I was sent that offer, what Uni are you wanting to go to? It's a bit odd of them to assess your application at the end of the year

I totally forgot to get back to your message! Sorry :redface: yeah that's what they did to me, they send me these few bulletpoints of what they would normally want from me and then they sent my email to the head of the department who said the exact conditions I would need to get. However, they said that's when they would consider me and it's not a guarantee of an offer. Should I be sending my application before then, just without module grades? It's the university of Leicester :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
get good grades so I can be accepted in the master I want, get work experience related to my future career during my time at uni, get enough life experience so my writing can improve, move to England and find a good job.
Original post by skinnylove25
get good grades so I can be accepted in the master I want, get work experience related to my future career during my time at uni, get enough life experience so my writing can improve, move to England and find a good job.

:woo:

These sound like great ideas :smile: What are you studying? :smile: Why England? Where do you live now?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:woo:

These sound like great ideas :smile: What are you studying? :smile: Why England? Where do you live now?

Thanks :smile:. I'm studying a degree about English ( Language, Literature and Civilization) . Well when I was 13, I was really inspired by my english teacher who came from the UK, so since then it made me want to move to the UK, and England is where I want to do my MA in journalism. And I'm from France.
1. Reading a lot
2. Enjoying
3. First kiss (obviously)
4. Meeting people
By the way, I have applied to Leicester, Leeds, Birmingham, and Strathclyde. I have got a conditional offer from Leicester though for English.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending