The Student Room Group

Lancaster Medical School 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr. Django
Exactly the same with me!

What are your stats like?
Original post by priyanka44
What are your stats like?

Well they would be good...but I'm a resitter so they're automatically destroyed :tongue:

9A*2A GCSE, 4 A As, A*ABB at A2 (with exten circumstances), 760 ukcat.

Basically I probs slightly prefer Lancaster but Keele would be an unconditional offer... :/
Original post by Dr. Django
Well they would be good...but I'm a resitter so they're automatically destroyed :tongue:

9A*2A GCSE, 4 A As, A*ABB at A2 (with exten circumstances), 760 ukcat.

Basically I probs slightly prefer Lancaster but Keele would be an unconditional offer... :/

Yeah they are really good. Hmm I don't know...
Original post by priyanka44
Yeah they are really good. Hmm I don't know...

I'll do a bit more research this week I think as for both it's a similar selection process
Best join this!
Any internationals applying?
Reply 26
Sent off my application today! Good luck everyone. :biggrin:

Who's ready to apply or has already applied?
Original post by AliRizzo
Hi guys. Could anyone explain to me in detail Keele's policy on resits as I can't seem to find it anywhere? Much appreciated.

Heya,

Keele are fine with re-sitters as long as you are applying with your achieved grades, after resit. Hope this helps :-)
Original post by ChocoCoco
Sent off my application today! Good luck everyone. :biggrin:

Who's ready to apply or has already applied?

Applied! :-)
You've just saved me a whole spot of bother! Thanks! :biggrin:

No worries! I think I read this on their website somewhere :-)
Reply 30
Hi guys. Could anyone explain to me in detail Keele's policy on resits as I can't seem to find it anywhere? Much appreciated.

yay! ive applied too :biggrin: got a confirmation email not long ago as well!
Does anyone know the exact dates Lancaster interview ?
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RagaZ
yay! ive applied too :biggrin: got a confirmation email not long ago as well!

Now just the wait for those interview emails! :redface:
Sent my application this morning :smile: Good luck everyone
hey does anyone know the number of applicants lancaster received last years and the numbers of offers they gave out?
Original post by beansontoast92
hey does anyone know the number of applicants lancaster received last years and the numbers of offers they gave out?

Received about 900 applicants.
Interviewed ~ 200
Offers ~ 100
Places ~ 50

Thats what I was told when I rang them up :smile:
thanks and what is their selection process?
thanks and what is their selection process?

You welcome :smile:
They score GCSEs first. A*/A = 2 points.
B=1. They score your top 9 GCSEs out of 18 and must include Maths, English and Science.

Then if you have ~ 15/16 GCSE points out of a maximum of 18 you automatically proceed to the personal statement stage.

Then they assess your PS, based on their criteria, which btw is extremely vague, so basically if you show good medical insight and show your caring side and have an overall strong statement you could be called for an interview.

Then they interview on selected dates, which they dont know yet but is between December-March.

The interview is an MMI style and the first 20 minutes of it is a group based activity, then there are about 12 stations and at each station their gonna ask you to do stuff like roleplay/ problem solving etc.. and will ask you questions based on your personal statement in 1 station.

Then the highest MMI scores get offers.

I'm a reapplicant and I have applied to Lancaster this year and really want that offer :biggrin:.

Good luck everyone

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by futuremedic19
You welcome :smile:
They score GCSEs first. A*/A = 2 points.
B=1. They score your top 9 GCSEs out of 18 and must include Maths, English and Science.

Then if you have ~ 15/16 GCSE points out of a maximum of 18 you automatically proceed to the personal statement stage.

Then they assess your PS and the best personal statements based on their criteria, which btw is extremely vague, so basically if you show good medical insight and show your caring side and have an overall strong statement you will be called for an interview.

Then they interview on selected dates, which they dont know yet but is between December-March.

The interview is an MMI style and the first 20 minutes of it is a group based activity, then there are about 12 stations and at each station their gonna ask you to do stuff like roleplay/ problem solving etc.. and will ask you questions based on your personal statement in 1 station.

Then the highest MMI scores get offers.

ohh okk, im stuck between liverpool and lancaster. just calculated that last year lancaster was more competitive than liverpool, but liverpool has far more applicants.
any suggestions on which i should go for??
ohh okk, im stuck between liverpool and lancaster. just calculated that last year lancaster was more competitive than liverpool, but liverpool has far more applicants.
any suggestions on which i should go for??

PM me all your stats and what 4 choices your your thinking of.

It would love to help you out :smile: , but be quick as the deadline is Wednesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending