The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Anyone applying for 2015 @ Lancaster?

I would just like to hear from other students.

Tell me what you applying for and what you need to get in. Current students feel free to contribute and tell me how you like the Uni.

And Anybody applying for NatSci Leave a message.

Thanks,

Ray.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ray0405
I would just like to hear from other students.

Tell me what you applying for and what you need to get in. Current students feel free to contribute and tell me how you like the Uni.

And Anybody applying for NatSci Leave a message.

Thanks,

Ray.

Hey, I am thinking of applying to Lancaster in September 2015 for the course software engineering. What are your other choices?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi I'm applying to lancaster for chem eng, abb entry but it's a new course with its first set of students graduating this year. Would you be travelling very far if you ended up going to lancaster? - im from devon so its about a 5 hour drive for me!
Hey guys, Lancaster will be one of my main choices (assuming all goes well this year) and I was just looking for a bit of guidance on the place. The course looks great (Computer Science) but I'm just curious about the social side of things and the nightlife, as its my only choice that isn't in a big city! Do you think it will feel kind of out the way? I'm worried I will feel like I'm missing something if I'm not somewhere with a large social scene; but maybe that's just me.

Also, I'm from Somerset so its quite a distance if I want to get home to see family and friends.
Reply 4
Original post by TerminallyChill
Hey guys, Lancaster will be one of my main choices (assuming all goes well this year) and I was just looking for a bit of guidance on the place. The course looks great (Computer Science) but I'm just curious about the social side of things and the nightlife, as its my only choice that isn't in a big city! Do you think it will feel kind of out the way? I'm worried I will feel like I'm missing something if I'm not somewhere with a large social scene; but maybe that's just me.

Also, I'm from Somerset so its quite a distance if I want to get home to see family and friends.

I was thinking the same actually, the university and lancaster itself does seem to be almost in the middle of nowhere right up in the north west... Thats the only thing really putting me off, because obviously there won't be as much to do in lancaster (population is about 50k) compared to, say bristol or manchester.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by benblack
Hi I'm applying to lancaster for chem eng, abb entry but it's a new course with its first set of students graduating this year. Would you be travelling very far if you ended up going to lancaster? - im from devon so its about a 5 hour drive for me!

I'm from Reading, so it's around 4 hours drive for me! :smile: haha
Original post by TerminallyChill

Sorry, I am not answering your questions..but what other universities are you applying for? Because I know software engineering and computer science are very similar. And also what are your A level predictions?
Applying for English Lit and Cw here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

I'm applying for the Geography/North America BSc, standard offer of AAA
A2 Predictions: A*A*AB

Anyone else for geoggers?
I'm applying for Biology (a levels in signature)
Reply 10
I'm also applying for the Geography/North America course!! not sure whether to do the BA/BSc version thought... don't think it'd make too much of a difference though...
I have predicted grades of A*AA, although doubt i'd actually make it... hopefully i'll get AAA though
Reply 11
Chemistry Bsc at ABB here.
Hey,

Lancaster is my first choice, applying for English Lit and Creative Writing at AAA-AAB :smile:
Hey - I'm another English & Creative Writing applicant - Got my conditional offer today, very pleased :smile:
Hi, I'm applying for NatSci/North America- sent off my application so hopefully I will hear from them soon! :smile:
Hey, I'm also applying for NatSci. Has anyone received any offers from Lancaster yet? I know friends who've got offers from Bath, Warwick and Manchester.
Politics & IR. Their website says they try to make decisions within two to three weeks of receiving an application. Tomorrow (Friday) will mark exactly two weeks for me. So I'm hoping to hear soon.
I'm a resit applicant (A*ABB) applying for medicine so I barely have a chance...

Nonetheless I really liked Lancaster on the open day so fingers crossed!

Good luck to y'all
Original post by callumbarltrop
Hey, I'm also applying for NatSci. Has anyone received any offers from Lancaster yet? I know friends who've got offers from Bath, Warwick and Manchester.

I have a conditional for English, I'm actually waiting on an offer from Manchester actually..
Original post by gemsuzie2
Hey,

Lancaster is my first choice, applying for English Lit and Creative Writing at AAA-AAB :smile:

Same here!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest