The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Anyone applying for 2015 @ Lancaster?

Scroll to see replies

Once i'll get the offer from Lancs I'll make it my firm on mktg and advertising. Also I'm thinking to join Grizedale college. Has anyone applied for the same course?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by steelman1000
yeah same!! am thinking of bowland coz it's relatively cheap. haha I'll also have to research the college closest to my department lol ( won't like getting wet if it's raining😂). yeah so glad you're friendly! really can't wait for uni, tired of college life 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah me too i think all the sciency buildings are in furness but bowland is right next to furness so i think its the same difference if i go to bowland, besides i really like the fact that bowlands a founder college. Oh and have you heard appaz there is a landline phone in every room, dunno why i got so excited but yeah haha😂
Original post by imaanicus
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah me too i think all the sciency buildings are in furness but bowland is right next to furness so i think its the same difference if i go to bowland, besides i really like the fact that bowlands a founder college. Oh and have you heard appaz there is a landline phone in every room, dunno why i got so excited but yeah haha😂

hahahahaha that's really awsome! haha yeah both colleges have similar advantages so should be fun!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ray0405
I would just like to hear from other students.

Tell me what you applying for and what you need to get in. Current students feel free to contribute and tell me how you like the Uni.

And Anybody applying for NatSci Leave a message.

Thanks,

Ray.

Yeah I got conditional offer for BSc Business Studeis from Lancaster.. It will be most probably my firm choice :smile::cool:
out of curiosity, I have noticed that there are different courses that start at different times for example, my law course starts on the 1st of October, others could start in September so just want to ask if the different start of time would mean people could lose out on the freshers week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my conditional offer a couple of days ago for Computer Science. Pretty exciting stuff!

Still not entirely sure if I like the idea of the Lancaster bubble, and not having a city close by with lots of stuff going on. I think I'll have to come to an open day soon.

Good luck with your offers all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
Original post by Ray0405
I would just like to hear from other students.

Tell me what you applying for and what you need to get in. Current students feel free to contribute and tell me how you like the Uni.

And Anybody applying for NatSci Leave a message.

Thanks,

Ray.

Hey, I just got an Offer for NatSci, AAA, Anyone else got some good news?
Original post by puppet_strings
Hey! Linguistics at Lancaster is my first choice :biggrin: SUCH an incredible course, right? I was looking at Abderdeen too, but my friend went to do that and apparently it's exactly the same as the second year of English Lang A-level :/

Super excited about the Lancaster course though, David Crystal does talks there sometimes :biggrin:

I know, it looks amazing, and it would definitely be worth doing. The only reason Aberdeen is my first choice is because I would be able to study for free there, and I wouldn't have to stay with my parents if I went there. But if Aberdeen doesn't work out, I'll definitely be coming to Lancaster. I mean, the course at Lancaster is better than the course at Aberdeen, it's just really expensive. I'm actually considering making Lancaster my first choice instead of Aberdeen, seeing as I'm pretty confident that I can get at least two Bs this year, and that's all that I need to go to Lancaster. But I'll have to wait until I've heard back from Aberdeen, of course (and apparently they don't look at the applications until all of them have come in, so I probably won't hear back from them until March :frown:), and I'll have to discuss it with my parents, even though I'll be the one paying off the fees for Lancaster, not them.
Original post by TerminallyChill
Got my conditional offer a couple of days ago for Computer Science. Pretty exciting stuff!

Still not entirely sure if I like the idea of the Lancaster bubble, and not having a city close by with lots of stuff going on. I think I'll have to come to an open day soon.

Good luck with your offers all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wondering exactly the same! I had an offer for Computer Science a few weeks ago but I'm not sure about the city!

Going on a visit day February 7th! You can book one too if you login to your student portal :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JRHewett

Going on a visit day February 7th! You can book one too if you login to your student portal :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only problem with open days for me is that I live in the South West, and it's a major pain in the arse to get that far north just to have a look around for a couple hours.

I've heard that they do a 3 day 'stay over' sort of thing, but I'm not entirely sure. Has anyone else heard of this or have more information? A quick Google didn't turn up much.
The only problem with open days for me is that I live in the South West, and it's a major pain in the arse to get that far north just to have a look around for a couple hours.

I've heard that they do a 3 day 'stay over' sort of thing, but I'm not entirely sure. Has anyone else heard of this or have more information? A quick Google didn't turn up much.

I think a couple of hours would compensate for 3 years! it will be worth it. I have an offer for law so am going 7th of feb just to be sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you don't live in Aberdeen..

I'm going to end up spending £500+ on train tickets to go to all my applicant visit days - not happy at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
At least you don't live in Aberdeen..

I'm going to end up spending £500+ on train tickets to go to all my applicant visit days - not happy at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

£500+ ?!?! I'm from Romania and last summer I spent 3 days in Manchester and 1 week in lancaster ( I stayed on campus ) and I didnt spent more than 500 Euro on the whole trip. I also visited lake district which is 1 hour far from Lancaster and I highly recommend you to visit it if you go to lancs.
From my visit to lancs I can tell you that the campus is fantastic, lots of colleges with their own bars, very modern, it has a huge sports area, the night life is great, you can take the bus or take a cab down to sugar house, a club located in the city at about 20 minutes from campus. The accommodation on campus is good, if you choose to stay at an en suite you will share the kitchen and the floor with 6 or 8 people, the kitchen is kinda large, and the greatest thing is that you will have your own bathroom. I think that the price is around 120 pounds x week.
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 173
Anyone applied for BSc Psychology at Lancaster for 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 26jasmine
Im applying to Lancaster for Advertising and marketing- Haven't sent my application off yet :/

And need AAB

Hi:smile: have you received your offer yet? I apllied for Marketing as well
Hey, I just firmed Lancaster on advertising and marketing. What college are you thinking of joining? I'm going with Grizedale :biggrin:
Reply 176
Original post by JodieW
Congrats! That's awesome ^__^
I'm already a student at Lancs, I'm a first year. I do accounting and finance. If you have any general questions about Lancaster feel free to ask!

hiya
i applied for acc and finance at lancaster, and i was wondering what your daily schedule/timetable is like for the course?
are there a lot of lectures etc?
is the workload alot?
I will join griezedale

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by steelman1000
I will join griezedale

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey mate! I saw you wrote on this thread that bowland has a lot negative feedback, so i was just wondering what it so bad about it cos i havent heard anything bad :smile:
Original post by imaanicus
Hey mate! I saw you wrote on this thread that bowland has a lot negative feedback, so i was just wondering what it so bad about it cos i havent heard anything bad :smile:

heyyyy! well correct me if am wrong haha but according to my research, it is the oldest college on campus and its accommodation isn't that good. take a look at its YouTube video and then compare it to other colleges and you'll see what am talking about. it just looks so dull however it's got it's good points as well but I personally think the bad outweighs the good. so if I was certainly to pick colleges, my first would be griezedale (however the thing is spelt) and my second choice would be Lonsdale coz they look more animated. however, different people have different views so your taste may be different to mine lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending