The Student Room Group

What to do on a first date?! Help?

So I've liked a good friend of mine for a while now, and he asked me out yesterday. We're going on a date after college tomorrow to a cafe, followed by the park. It's super casual. However, I have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO or how to act, or anything. This is my first date ever and I'm slightly freaking out. I've tried googling it, but all google has done has given me tips on what to do on a date with a person you barely know. I know this guy pretty well, so it's useless. Any tips/advice would be helpful :smile:
(no tips about what to wear please- we're both going in school uniform)
Reply 1
Just be yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by futbol
Just be yourself.

I know that :tongue: I meant in terms of actions. Should I be flirty? Am I expected to kiss him at the end of the date? I really am lost :/
Reply 3
Yeah flirt with him, the whole date will go much smoother. If you think that the date has gone well on both sides then you could kiss at the end of the date, I'm sure he won't mind... :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by futbol
Yeah flirt with him, the whole date will go much smoother. If you think that the date has gone well on both sides then you could kiss at the end of the date, I'm sure he won't mind... :wink:

Thanks! :smile:
You're not expected to do anything, just be yourself and whatever feels natural to you, just go with the flow. Yes, if the date went well and you'd like things to go further you could give him a quick (but not too hasty) kiss at the end, because us guys are just terrible at picking up "signs" (if they even exist... apparently they do, I've never seen one, nor has any other bloke in the world.)

Just remember that in terms of romance, us men are 9 times out of 10, nothing more than inquisitive baboons. You're going to have to make things obvious for us to pick up on them! But, we're also fans of being straight forward - if you liked the date and you want to see more of him, then just tell him how you feel straight up. He might seem a little put back for the first minute or so, but he'll appreciate the heads-up afterwards!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by XMaramena
You're not expected to do anything, just be yourself and whatever feels natural to you, just go with the flow. Yes, if the date went well and you'd like things to go further you could give him a quick (but not too hasty) kiss at the end, because us guys are just terrible at picking up "signs" (if they even exist... apparently they do, I've never seen one, nor has any other bloke in the world.)

Just remember that in terms of romance, us men are 9 times out of 10, nothing more than inquisitive baboons. You're going to have to make things obvious for us to pick up on them! But, we're also fans of being straight forward - if you liked the date and you want to see more of him, then just tell him how you feel straight up. He might seem a little put back for the first minute or so, but he'll appreciate the heads-up afterwards!

Thanks for this, this was really helpful :biggrin: So I don't have to go in for a kiss at the end, but it's generally what you do? How are you even supposed to go for a kiss? I am also, unfortunately, a kiss virgin :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for this, this was really helpful :biggrin: So I don't have to go in for a kiss at the end, but it's generally what you do? How are you even supposed to go for a kiss? I am also, unfortunately, a kiss virgin :colondollar:

I've had a few sexual encounters, lost my virginity in a damn threesome, but I've actually never kissed someone (shh! don't tell anyone!)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
I've had a few sexual encounters, lost my virginity in a damn threesome, but I've actually never kissed someone (shh! don't tell anyone!)

Wow :lol: It's impressive that you managed to do all of that without kissing :tongue:
Reply 9

PMSL most accurate summation ever, wish I could give more rep
Original post by Anonymous
Wow :lol: It's impressive that you managed to do all of that without kissing :tongue:

I'm quite surprised myself, too. But I feel my time of dodging it may be running out! My last encounter had lots of neck and shoulder kissing, I'm dreading the time when I go in for the lips and end up smashing their nose or headbutting their teeth.
Reply 11
Yeah flirt with him, the whole date will go much smoother. If you think that the date has gone well on both sides then you could kiss at the end of the date, I'm sure he won't mind...
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending