The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inthedark1
Ok so a lot of men say that women get less attractive with age and that they lose their 'seductive power' because basically it is claimed that men naturally go for youth. What age would you say they lose this attractiveness though? Also many women who are married/in their 40's/50's tend to let themselves put on weight, cut their hair short and dress in a frumpy way. Is this part of the reason women lose attractiveness would you say or are slim women who keep themselves fit deemed as unattractive/too old too?

Does height make any difference ie would a petite woman have an advantage over a tall woman or vica versa when ageing?

(Btw dont don't turn it Into a men verse women or a hate thread just try to be unbiased and not let bitter feelings/rejection affect your perception! I've not dated much and have been ignored/told I'm unnatractive through my 20's (I'm a tomboy) so no need to be bitter towards me lol!).

The majority of men are unlikely to be honest when answering this question.. and I think a lot of women confuse the fantasy of hooking up with an older woman with the idea that a lot of men prefer to date older women.. the truth is, you've no sooner come of age as a woman than you start becoming less attractive, the same process happens with men it's just that due to a thicker epidermis and a number of other reasons men's skin takes longer to show signs of aging, if you combine this with the fact that men have the opportunity to get in better shape as well as accumulate greater resources the result is that this process happens slower for men.

Having said that, if I had the choice between a beautiful 20-something and a 55 year old who was kind, in shape and fantastic in bed.. it wouldn't be a contest, I'd go for the latter.

I know several awesome guys who are also in fantastic shape but they're teachers/a social worker/an ngo employee with weak chins/ugly faces and none of them can get a woman to look at them if their life depended on it.. but I also know several women with unattractive faces who can get pretty much any guy they want simply because they're kind, make an effort to stay in shape etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending