The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Bhutan has decided to remove Clause 3 from the Resolution. Presumably that means we'll have to re-submit it for a second poll...
Reply 21
Agent Smith
The Bhutan has decided to remove Clause 3 from the Resolution. Presumably that means we'll have to re-submit it for a second poll...

Effectively a second resolution (Resolution 2006/28), because this resolution has failed.

Marcods
South Africa believes a resolution calling on all Muslim leaders to quell the violence in their respective fields of influence would be more appropriate.

And even that, WITHOUT threatening any sanctions (especially military action) should the situation not appear to calm down in the near future. Furthermore, Australia does not find the level of violence with regard to this issue alarming, to an extent that would warrant an entire resolution on the matter.

A more generic resolution to call for global calm on this matter would naturally receive our support though.
Reply 22
A whole new Resolution? Bah. Very well. :p:

A more general clause will be substituted for the now-infamous Clause 3; Clauses 1 and 2 will remain the same.
Nutter
Effectively a second resolution (Resolution 2006/28), because this resolution has failed.

Not yet. :p: There's still time although I'm not optimistic of anyone else voting in favour, although if they did this could be modified in the SC.
Reply 24
Pakistan is disappointed with the speech made by the pope, even though the area was a quote of the Byzantine king, its implication was quite clear. We have strived to remove the terrorists from our state as well as in Afghanistan, allies to both the US and UK in their war on terror. Pakistan would like to remind the community that in these sensitive times, it is actively seeking and disbanding any extremist activity as well as working with its religous leaders.
Reply 25
Kenya reccomends that we start a resolution about The Pope before this one. The Catholic Church's stance on condoms in Africa is killing more people then Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi ever could.
Russia would like to point out that representatives are supposed to vote and act with their countries stance rather than their own opinion. For example I will be vetoing resolution 2006/28 despite the fact that personally there is nothing I'd like to see more* than to see it pass.

Russia is particularly concerned by the rather unrealistic comments from the Kenyan representative and fears that some of the Muslim members are letting their personal religious prejudices influence the way their country has voted.

*well ok there are quite a lot of things I’d like to see more.
Reply 27
Nefarious - you talking about me? I thought that would be the stance of Pakistan to be honest.
Lecter
Nefarious - you talking about me? I thought that would be the stance of Pakistan to be honest.

Actually considering who you represent I thought you were very reasonable.
Reply 29
Nefarious
Russia would like to point out that representatives are supposed to vote and act with their countries stance rather than their own opinion. For example I will be vetoing resolution 2006/28 despite the fact that personally there is nothing I'd like to see more* than to see it pass.

Russia is particularly concerned by the rather unrealistic comments from the Kenyan representative and fears that some of the Muslim members are letting their personal religious prejudices influence the way their country has voted.

*well ok there are quite a lot of things I’d like to see more.
We don't want to know about those, though :wink:

Yes. Ahem. The Bhutan echoes Russia's call for delegates to remain in character.
Reply 30
Nefarious
Actually considering who you represent I thought you were very reasonable.

Oh goodie, thanks. I just was trying to be balanced in my approached with Pakistan's past and present involvement with terror conflict.
Reply 31
Tibia
Kenya reccomends that we start a resolution about The Pope before this one. The Catholic Church's stance on condoms in Africa is killing more people then Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi ever could.

the UK would seriously consider this, were Kenya to submit one.
Reply 32
What jurisdiction does the UN have over the Vatican Observer?
Reply 33
Agent Smith
What jurisdiction does the UN have over the Vatican Observer?

Not much, just like how the Vatican doesn't have (technically speaking) much influence over the UN..... despite the fact that the Pope leads 1 billion Catholics worldwide. Wow.
Reply 34
Hmm, well a tie. Might as well pass it on to the SC.
This resolution does not have our support as well.....u cant punish whole nations for singular persons' acts or thoughts.

Latest

Trending

Trending