The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where did you get your application form from? I can't find one :frown:
Reply 2
They had them at our school sixth form office.
Reply 3
but can you answer my questions?
Reply 4
I don't know the answers, but i would like to know as well so someone pleeeeeease answer where you can get discount :biggrin:
basically nus cards give you tons of discounts. some i can say are places like zoos, laser quest, shops like partners and loads of others. they seem really good.
to get one you can either ask your school or go onto the nus website where i think you can get an nus associates card.
Reply 6
NUS Cards are good. I've used mine to get discounts on several occasions! I'd advise getting one...
Reply 7
amywalters
Where did you get your application form from? I can't find one :frown:

I got mine from our common room but you can get the application form online at www.nusonline.co.uk/associate
Reply 8
are they better than connexions cards?
Reply 9
connexions card is ending soon right? I think in 2007...
NUS cards are really worth it, especially for those who go to topshop, dorothy perkins, rymans etc. Plus they're good for general ID like when you want student rate at cinemas
At alot of places if they say 'student discount' they will only give it you if you have an NUS card.
yea, i know about the cinema discount thing at showcase cinemas and probably others. I don't personally have a card but me and my friends went to the cinemas and someone showed her card and got a student discount for the rest of the group.
Reply 13
You do know that student cards are not proof of ID?
Student cards are great - you very quickly save more than the £7 that you paid for the card.

Does anyone know if the NUS Extra card is available to those in sixth form?
Reply 14
student discounts!! - its like 10%.

and.. you can now go to the cinema and pay cheap prices for watching 15 films.

i've had my application for over a week now, just havent had the time to get pictures and all that sorta. for proof of id you can get you provisional driving license if your birthday is soon!!
Reply 15
The thing is it costs £7 if it was free i would have sent it but do you ever really use it?
Reply 16
Anonymous1783
The thing is it costs £7 if it was free i would have sent it but do you ever really use it?

do you go to the cinema often? or go shopping often? if yes then the 7pounds you will recoup in a less then a month. or even one big shopping trip.

i havent got it yet coz i have not taken my photo. well, i did but its such an ugly picture.
Reply 17
I dont go to the cinema that often really, is there anyway i can find a list of all the discounts or something. I dont really go shopping often either but when i do its big so to speak.
Reply 18
NUS cards can also get u in certain clubs.(also u can lie on the application form about ur date of birth and the school wont even notice when putting the stamp)lol.
Reply 19
I just sent off my application now; I am now applying for one reason, a small discount at Waterstones bookshop.

Latest

Trending

Trending