The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Anna-22
Thank you so much! I'll definitely have a look into it! And I'll probably be speaking to you again ahh :biggrin: x

Thats no problem, good!! Gooood luck with everything! Ahhh i know sooooo exciting! Speak soon! 😁 x
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Mbxx
I have offers for Edinburgh and Aberdeen! Just waiting for Dundee but im certain its Edinburgh I'm going to! Yeah me too, I've applied for accommodation with my first preference being IQ fountainbridge! :-) x

where did you apply for accommodation already? its not first come first serve for conditionals so i'm not too fussed about getting it in right away, but it says on the site that 2015/16 applications will go live 'in late march'? congrats on your offer btw!:biggrin:
Is there any specific time to expect news? Do they mostly send out offers and rejections in the morning? 9 to 5? Or is it whenever their decision is made
Original post by esrioasaoirse
Is there any specific time to expect news? Do they mostly send out offers and rejections in the morning? 9 to 5? Or is it whenever their decision is made

The 4 offers I got, were on UCAS between 4.30-5.00pm
Reply 1984
Original post by michele394
where did you apply for accommodation already? its not first come first serve for conditionals so i'm not too fussed about getting it in right away, but it says on the site that 2015/16 applications will go live 'in late march'? congrats on your offer btw!:biggrin:

I applied through this link here: https://www.contracts.accom.ed.ac.uk
And thank you! Good luck with everything! :-)
Original post by michele394

I thought the same and wasn't too bothered about getting accommodation. But I had a look last night and some of the cheaper rooms in good places are already sold out! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anna-22
I thought the same and wasn't too bothered about getting accommodation. But I had a look last night and some of the cheaper rooms in good places are already sold out! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where does it tell you they're sold out :O
I got rejected by Edinburgh about a week ago for Law and International Relations. A little bit upset, but at least I definitely know where I'm going now. I also kind of wanted to get out of Edinburgh, you know, explore a new city and everything. I guess it's goodbye to Edinburgh and hello to Aberdeen! :biggrin:
Reply 1988
Hi! I applied for law but didn't get any news yet. Do you know what is their deadline for sending out decisions? Thanks!
Original post by majka
Hi! I applied for law but didn't get any news yet. Do you know what is their deadline for sending out decisions? Thanks!

Technically they have until May to reply but they have a post offer open day on March 25th so its likely we'll all know by then! Good luck :smile:
I'm so restless!
Original post by Anna-22

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where does it say they've sold out? I put my application in awhile ago, I've just been on the accommodation website to check and it doesn't say anything about sold out?

Surely they wont allocate them until people have the grades necessary in summer? ://

I'm worried now!
Reply 1992
Original post by esrioasaoirse
Technically they have until May to reply but they have a post offer open day on March 25th so its likely we'll all know by then! Good luck :smile:

Thank you!
And good luck as well! (:
Reply 1993
Emailed the department today and then said decisions for History for those who haven't got them are coming soon. She said keep your eyes on UCAS track and there's no way it will be later than 31 March. Hope.
Anybody applied for MSc Psychological Research and got accepted/rejected?
How long did they take to reply? I got a mail yesterday saying that they have received the information required to make a decision for my application.
Original post by Mbxx
I applied through this link here: https://www.contracts.accom.ed.ac.uk
And thank you! Good luck with everything! :-)

Is that defiantly 2015/2016 accommodations? It says it's not online yet. Only jan 2015 is available for me on website
Original post by Hfblondey
Where does it say they've sold out? I put my application in awhile ago, I've just been on the accommodation website to check and it doesn't say anything about sold out?

Surely they wont allocate them until people have the grades necessary in summer? ://

I'm worried now!

Edinburgh guarantee accomodation to "We guarantee an offer of accommodation for all new undergraduate students from outside the city of Edinburgh who are studying for the full academic year and who apply by the deadline."
You might not get your first choice but you won't be left out in the cold if you meet these conditions. You should apply regardless of whether you have a conditional or an unconditional offer.
the only application to accomodation I can find is for January 2015. They start sending out placements in the summer. I wouldn't worry about it
:smile:
Original post by Bc99
Emailed the department today and then said decisions for History for those who haven't got them are coming soon. She said keep your eyes on UCAS track and there's no way it will be later than 31 March. Hope.

HOPE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still waiting for History and Politics........ :bawling: I kid you not, I even dream of it at night
Original post by BonnetBille
Still waiting for History and Politics........ :bawling: I kid you not, I even dream of it at night

Exactly the same here :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending