The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mglen
I look forward to it haha, best of luck with your exams :smile:

You too! Although, an unconditional... You could be pretty chilled :wink: haha!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by TheTechN1304
Seeing as I got rejected from Oxford today, I'll probably end up studying here

Sorry to hear that. What course have you applied for? :smile:
Original post by callmethed0ctor
Sorry to hear that. What course have you applied for? :smile:

Japanese :smile:
Reply 783
Original post by callmethed0ctor
You too! Although, an unconditional... You could be pretty chilled :wink: haha!

Yeah there's pretty much no motivation to actually do any work this year haha :biggrin:
Seeing as I got rejected from Oxford today, I'll probably end up studying here

Lol same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Japanese :smile:

Oh nice! :smile:
Original post by mglen
Yeah there's pretty much no motivation to actually do any work this year haha :biggrin:

Enjoy it! :tongue:
Original post by mglen
Also applied to Glasgow, Strathclyde, Aberdeen and Dundee

Really struggling to decide between Glasgow and Edinburgh now...

Well done! What did you get in your highers?
Reply 788
Original post by Melissa971
Well done! What did you get in your highers?

Original post by mglen

I'm applying for Economics! I got 5As so fingers crossed 🙏
Reply 790
Original post by Melissa971
I'm applying for Economics! I got 5As so fingers crossed ������

Ah I'm sure you'll be fine then, good luck!
Original post by rhubarbpi
I'm applying for LLB ordinary . Where are you from and is Edinburgh your first choice ?:smile: Also , do you have much prior knowledge about the law- I certainly don't so am hoping this is the norm

Nice! I'm from the Scottish Borders and yes - I've confirmed my offer, what about yourself? Not really, I know some politics/critical thinking come into it but other than that I don't have much law knowledge! You don't require any but maybe try and get some work experience/visit court which might help a little - that's what I plan on doing before😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations on your offer! When did you apply?
Reply 793
Original post by Cookie20
Congratulations on your offer! When did you apply?

Guessing you're talking to me here, I applied early December
I applied for English language and literature. Not expecting an answer by them any soon tbh.
Anybody applying for English here as well?? :smile:
Reply 795
Original post by Hildegardium
I applied for English language and literature. Not expecting an answer by them any soon tbh.

Hello! I have made an awful mistake so I am sorry to target you with a question as I'd like to apply for English too!...I applied ages ago on UCAS for English Language and Lit at many other universities although Edinburgh wasn't one of them and recently....I regret my decision so very much!!! I was just wondering whether you think it would be worth me trying to phone UCAS/the University to see whether I would be eligible for 'Extra' because seemingly there have been few offers given out already so clearly Edinburgh waits for after the 15th Jan deadline?! I am so sorry to bombard you but I am really worrying :smile: Good luck with your application and I hope you are successful!
Original post by amysvz
Hello! I have made an awful mistake so I am sorry to target you with a question as I'd like to apply for English too!...I applied ages ago on UCAS for English Language and Lit at many other universities although Edinburgh wasn't one of them and recently....I regret my decision so very much!!! I was just wondering whether you think it would be worth me trying to phone UCAS/the University to see whether I would be eligible for 'Extra' because seemingly there have been few offers given out already so clearly Edinburgh waits for after the 15th Jan deadline?! I am so sorry to bombard you but I am really worrying :smile: Good luck with your application and I hope you are successful!

I always try to encourage people to chase their dreams, and if you think studying at Edinburgh is one of them, I'd say: go for it! I mean, if you don't get in, at least you tried. You'll might regret your decision for not trying if you don't ;-) Good luck
Original post by amysvz

May worth checking with ucas, if it's within one week of sending your application u might be able to change one of your choices
Original post by Hildegardium

Hi,
I'm a first-year student at Edinburgh studying English language and literature so if you (or anyone else!) have questions, feel free to ask. :smile:
I heard back late January, so you never know.
Je suis Charlie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending