The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

I have this horrible, horrible feeling that Politics are going to leave us waiting until last minute!!!! I have a politics assessment tomorrow, I will console myself with that *sigh*
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by LilBlueBug
I have this horrible, horrible feeling that Politics are going to leave us waiting until last minute!!!! I have a politics assessment tomorrow, I will console myself with that *sigh*

If it helps, I called the uni today to know about the status of my application (History&Politics) and they said I should be hearing from them during the next couple of weeks! So I guess it's the same for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robie96
If it helps, I called the uni today to know about the status of my application (History&Politics) and they said I should be hearing from them during the next couple of weeks! So I guess it's the same for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

'The next couple of weeks'?

That was a rude brush-off.
Original post by Robie96

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds better than 31st March which is what I was told last week by one of their reps :/
It sounds better than 31st March which is what I was told last week by one of their reps :/

Hmmm. 'A couple of weeks' is '31st of March', I'd say. Anyway, I hope you get good news sooner.
Original post by micky8919
Waiting on hearing from Edinburgh for sociology. Have you received an offer?

Hey yeah,i got my offer for them last week:smile: yours should come soon enough :biggrin:
Original post by orlrighty
'The next couple of weeks'?

That was a rude brush-off.

No, the man who got my call actually asked me when I applied (1st week of January) and then he told me that those departments have started replying this week and that they'll probably finish replying to them within the next couple of weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, according to UCAS the University of Edinburgh have been "considering my application" since November 14th... :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Megs97
Hey yeah,i got my offer for them last week:smile: yours should come soon enough :biggrin:

Congratulations was it just sociology you applied for?
Original post by TKCD77
Well, according to UCAS the University of Edinburgh have been "considering my application" since November 14th... :biggrin: :biggrin:

I applied a month before you, and I've still heard nothing.
Original post by Tian1Sky
I applied a month before you, and I've still heard nothing.

Patience... :smile:
Original post by TKCD77
Patience... :smile:

:eek: That is a swear word in our house lol
:eek: That is a swear word in our house lol

Lol :biggrin: :biggrin:
Has anybody heard back from philosophy yet? I sent my application in december and still no word
Reply 1594
Original post by lucyhelen
Yes! I expect we'll have some lectures together next year then! The Social History course looks so interesting doesn't it? Have you joined the Facebook page yet?

We probably will :smile: I know the course looks so good! I found the Facebook page yesterday, have you started looking at accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by micky8919
Congratulations was it just sociology you applied for?

Thanks! Good Luck to you too :smile:
Naw i applied for Social Policy and Sociology,
Did you just apply for sociology ?
Hey guys :smile:

I'm trying to decide between Ediburgh and St Andrews, so any pros/cons to either place would be really helpful :smile: It'll be good to get some other people's opinions
Original post by beryl_97
Hey guys :smile:

I'm trying to decide between Ediburgh and St Andrews, so any pros/cons to either place would be really helpful :smile: It'll be good to get some other people's opinions

Obviously I'm a bit biased as I go to Edinburgh, and obviously I'd pick Edinburgh. If you go to Edinburgh or St.Andrews you will leave with the same degree.
But what Edinburgh has is community and opportunities. Edinburgh is a brilliant city, full of brilliant people, and St.Andrews is lacking in that which personality was a deal breaker for me.
Also, opportunities. You can easily get a job, a summer job (with the fringe), volunteer, or learn new skills in this city, whilst the only new thing you could learn in St.Andrews is golf
Original post by UPSDGoat
Obviously I'm a bit biased as I go to Edinburgh, and obviously I'd pick Edinburgh. If you go to Edinburgh or St.Andrews you will leave with the same degree.
But what Edinburgh has is community and opportunities. Edinburgh is a brilliant city, full of brilliant people, and St.Andrews is lacking in that which personality was a deal breaker for me.
Also, opportunities. You can easily get a job, a summer job (with the fringe), volunteer, or learn new skills in this city, whilst the only new thing you could learn in St.Andrews is golf

Thank-you! :smile: It seems like Edinburgh will be a much more lively place with more things to do than St Andrews as well. But does Edinburgh ever seem too big and busy?
Original post by beryl_97
Thank-you! :smile: It seems like Edinburgh will be a much more lively place with more things to do than St Andrews as well. But does Edinburgh ever seem too big and busy?

Not at all! I come from a really small, closed off town and I find Edinburgh very manageable. There are a lot of tourists towards North Bridge, Royal Mile and Princes Street, but it's not too busy or overwhelming.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending