The Student Room Group

I'm a hopeless romantic, help.

I'll level with you here - I have virtually no pickup game or any of that other crap, I don't actively flirt (even with girls I actually really like) because I really don't know what to say, most of the time I can come up with anything but flirting is that one area in which I'm hopeless.

There's this girl in my year at uni (2nd year) who despite us having many mutual friends we hadn't met before, so we ended up meeting at this meet and greet event for a society and then afterwards we must've talked for like half an hour (though I'd have happily talked to her for hours), and I wouldn't consider myself a love at first sight guy but there seemed to be at least a bit of a spark there and she seemed like a great person to be around so naturally I'd like to pursue this further. Problem being other than this society I really don't know when I'll bump into her again, she seemed interested in my basketball (she used to play) so I told her about a come and play session and she said she was interested in coming (she was being genuine as far as I could tell), that's a good sign right?

The other thing I'm considering is asking my close friend who shares the halls to help me, but one of her other friends decided to claim that I'd said I was in love with her (the close friend) even though it's most definitely untrue so she's been acting strangely around me (she doesn't love me, she made that abundantly clear before I went about correcting her friend's error) so I'm not really sure that's such a good idea, finding her hard to trust at the moment.
I can't really follow that second paragraph :P

But you should totally pursue her, if she sounds like your type, maybe you'll see her at your basketball game and you could talk then :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by TheFailingNerd
I can't really follow that second paragraph :P

But you should totally pursue her, if she sounds like your type, maybe you'll see her at your basketball game and you could talk then :smile:

Yeah, that's the thing, I imagine there's a good chance she's forgotten about it because although I have her on facebook it seems a bit much to message her and remind her seeing as we don't know each other that well, and I don't really know enough about her to effectively 'create' an opportunity to bump into her again and I'm a bit afraid of going all out on pursuing her because the last time I did that (a few months ago) I got rejected and it did kind of hurt, I can't seem to catch a break and I fear this will be the same again. :frown:

I suppose there's no harm in testing the waters a bit more though, think I'll have to because I'll 100% lose my close friend if this backfires on me.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, that's the thing, I imagine there's a good chance she's forgotten about it because although I have her on facebook it seems a bit much to message her and remind her seeing as we don't know each other that well, and I don't really know enough about her to effectively 'create' an opportunity to bump into her again and I'm a bit afraid of going all out on pursuing her because the last time I did that (a few months ago) I got rejected and it did kind of hurt, I can't seem to catch a break and I fear this will be the same again. :frown:

I suppose there's no harm in testing the waters a bit more though, think I'll have to because I'll 100% lose my close friend if this backfires on me.

Aaawwwww *hug* Lol the magical powers of a girl hug should heal your wounds :wink:

DUDE, just message her!!!! Say hey, still coming to the game, it's not gonna be awkward unless you make it awkward.

Let's put it like this, do you like the girl? yes. Will you do anything for love? I hope so.

Just go for it!!! :P
Reply 4
Aaawwwww *hug* Lol the magical powers of a girl hug should heal your wounds :wink:

DUDE, just message her!!!! Say hey, still coming to the game, it's not gonna be awkward unless you make it awkward.

Let's put it like this, do you like the girl? yes. Will you do anything for love? I hope so.

Just go for it!!! :P

Well, being the idiot I am I realised I actually didn't have time to message her as I almost got there late myself. Sadly, she had forgotten. Where do I go from here?
Well, being the idiot I am I realised I actually didn't have time to message her as I almost got there late myself. Sadly, she had forgotten. Where do I go from here?

Ok, let's put this another way. You're overthinking this WAY too much :laugh:

You know where she could be? Go there. You know how you can contact her? Do it.

Try to be as interesting as you can if you don't see as often, because then she'll be wanting to talk to you as much as you to her, just be yourself :smile:
Reply 6

Try to be as interesting as you can if you don't see as often, because then she'll be wanting to talk to you as much as you to her, just be yourself :smile:

Yeah but I don't want to weird her out before I get a chance to impress her, you know? Not really sure what to open with on the messaging front, once I've got someone in a convo I can keep them there but I can't open to save my life.
Reply 7

I did indeed message her, for one reason or another there seemed to be hahas in pretty much all her messages, as well as emoticons. Is this supposed to be some sort of sign or am I overthinking again?
I did indeed message her, for one reason or another there seemed to be hahas in pretty much all her messages, as well as emoticons. Is this supposed to be some sort of sign or am I overthinking again?

You are now definitely overthinking, I have this habit of putting a millions "Lols!" and emoji's in my messages

But you got somewhere! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending