The Student Room Group

Why do women wear flesh coloured tights?

I've never gotten the point of this. I mean you can hardly see a difference when they are flesh coloured, yet a lot of office jobs require women to not show their naked legs and wear tights instead even if they are flesh coloured.

For example, if you look at the ones Kate Middleton wears, it pretty much looks like wearing nothing. Why does that matter in the workplace?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Because flesh coloured tights have neither hair, wrinkles, scars nor spots unlike some female legs, and they provide warmth.
To **** with your mind.
Because women feel good in them, as it hides flaws.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You said it yourself - it looks like you're wearing nothing it all. Personally I'm not a big fan of them, if I wear tights it's usually black ones, but if you're looking for a more subtle look then nude tights are great for making your legs look all the same colour.
Reply 6
Original post by Obiejess
Because women feel good in them, as it hides flaws.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But why would companies make it part of the policy to not allow bare legs? I mean if someone's got perfect legs, why would you not allow them to show them?
They cba to shave their legs, saves the trouble
Reply 8
Original post by -aimz
You said it yourself - it looks like you're wearing nothing it all.

How is that a reason to wear them? Or to make it a requirement to wear them?
Original post by h3isenberg

You can still very easily see hairs through nude coloured tights :lol:

It just makes legs look a little smoother imo, and gives a more even tone.
Reply 10
Original post by llpokerll
But why would companies make it part of the policy to not allow bare legs? I mean if someone's got perfect legs, why would you not allow them to show them?

Same reason they make it part of their policy to demand all men wear ties...

There is no logical reason!!!
Reply 11
Original post by h3isenberg

I still haven't gotten a single answer to the actual question. My question is why make it a requirement in office jobs to wear them?
Often because a)they haven't shaved b)knees are kind of ugly but tught have this way of smoothing them out and making them look better c)it provides an even skin tone and covers up flaws.

I never really wear skin-coloured tights, but I'm not too keen on having bare legs simply because the pores on my lower calf are weirdly visible and people have commented on them before, and I'd rather not have people do that. I imagine other women are the same.

Because it's not 'socially acceptable' to flaunt one's bare legs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Reue
Same reason they make it part of their policy to demand all men wear ties...

There is no logical reason!!!

No mate. A tie makes a visual difference, which everyone can see. Tightss that are the right colour can hardly be distinguished from no tights.
Reply 15
How is that a reason to wear them? Or to make it a requirement to wear them?

Because you want people to think you naturally have smooth, shiny, even-toned legs?
No mate. A tie makes a visual difference, which everyone can see. Tightss that are the right colour can hardly be distinguished from no tights.

Min my opinion they're more useless, the don't even keep you warm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've not heard of office jobs making it a requirement that women have to wear nude tights rather than bare legs. Sometimes in some customer services roles where there's a uniform, it's part of the uniform, but not heard of it in the context of general office.

However you do find that most women do wear them as part of smart office wear or for interviews etc. I guess it makes sense if they feel more confident or comfortable in them for the reasons some of the posters have said above. Even if they are see through it probably makes a woman feel a bit more covered up and offers a bit of camouflage against inadvertent flashing.

Also once a convention has been set, if you go outside the convention it looks like you're making a statement and so draws attention and that might not be the type of attention she wants.
Warmth
Not feeling so exposed
Hide flaws
Can't be bothered to shave
Looks smarter
Shoes don't rub
Flesh coloured tights are useful for summer if your dress/skirt is a bit short when going to a party...

izzyforyouandme.blogspot.co.uk

Check my blog for tips x

Quick Reply

Latest