The Student Room Group

Lifting makes women muscular and unattractive

I don't believe this.

But I can't convince people otherwise.

How would you counter this urban myth?

Scroll to see replies

myth yes, women who lift but stay natty get hnggg bodies and dat ass, lol @ poverty non lifting skinnyfat girls srs

typical non lifting female:

horrendous lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Greg Jackson
myth yes, women who lift but stay natty get hnggg bodies and dat ass, lol @ standard non lifting skinnyfat girls srs

you would be shocked at how many fitness models used riods in their ass lul.
Reply 3
So true.
Women who lift and are really muscular do look unattractive. A bit of muscles is good but not muscular. Hahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
So stupid.

To actually become muscular a woman would (almost certainly) need to take steroids, she would have to be a genetic prodigy to really pack on bulk, because women just don't have the same level of testosterone as men.

It is good for developing the ass it has to be said.
I think everyone knows this now, if a girl wants to squat that's cool if a girl wants to spend 3 hours every day on the treadmill that's cool, just leave people alone to do whatever **** they want with their own bodies ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by hermitthefrog
I think everyone knows this now, if a girl wants to squat that's cool if a girl wants to spend 3 hours every day on the treadmill that's cool, just leave people alone to do whatever **** they want with their own bodies ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if they want to look like a man? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Show them a picture of someone like Zoe Smith, not flexing or lifting, just standing normally. It's hard to argue she looks horribly bulky.
They're right,. Think of the volume when doing 200 5lb lat raises. No way they won't get huge.

Learn science OP.
Of course it won't. I lift and you wouldn't know it :redface:
Original post by Maid Marian
Of course it won't. I lift and you wouldn't know it :redface:

You jus' need more reps. Soon you'll have dem striations.
Original post by ByronicHero
You jus' need more reps. Soon you'll have dem striations.

I thought it was more weight and less reps that give you more muscle?
Original post by Maid Marian
I thought it was more weight and less reps that give you more muscle?

More reps with more weight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
More reps with more weight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :holmes:
Some guys go to the gym and lift like 5 days a week and are still skinny as fuark

Yet some girls think that if they go to the gym and curl a 5kg dumbbell they'll wake up with 20inch guns
Girls shouldn't train their upper bodies though srs

Squats/deadlifts core is all a girl should be doing
Original post by bertstare
Girls shouldn't train their upper bodies though srs

Squats/deadlifts core is all a girl should be doing

GTFO. Girls can train whatever the hell they want. Are you one of those guys who only trains chest and arms? Hah.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
GTFO. Girls can train whatever the hell they want. Are you one of those guys who only trains chest and arms? Hah.

You can but you'll look worse for it
Girls that lift are unattractive
Original post by bertstare
You can but you'll look worse for it

Sure... If you like weedy little skinny fat arms.

Sorry to burst your bubble but women don't train purely so that their bodies are attractive to boys. Don't like it, then leave the girls who actually take lifting seriously for MEN.

Quick Reply

Latest