The Student Room Group

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KirstieW
I've not looked much into doing a masters, was thinking of working for a year instead to save up some money.

When interviews will take place would be good to know too :smile:

Working would make a lot of sense! My friend did a year doing phlebotomy which worked out really well for him, also know a few people being HCAs in hospitals etc for this year after graduation.

Although for me I enjoy studying and doing research projects a little too much not to just do the masters. If I don't get in next year I have no idea what sensible plan I should make, the only thing I want to do instead of medicine is do a phd which is just as hard to do sometimes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pomppufiilis
CS! We're doing really well this term, loads just got the pain of waiting for region to do paperwork.

My GAMSAT was 62 56 60 so 59 average which is meh but I'm quite proud of it considering I did little to none revision! Next year with some effort I might actually do well!

I've just sent off an email to them in the vain attempt of getting a reply. I will report back for all on their reply. If I don't get one I might have to storm Cedar House tomorrow.

Well done you! Good score :smile: guess you already seen mine haha and yeah I didn't do much revision either for when I did it last year. Which others you applied for? And know anyone else in the unit who are applying this year?

Yeah do tell us, I hope we hear back. Your the agent on the inside!
Original post by TranquilRawr
Well done you! Good score :smile: guess you already seen mine haha and yeah I didn't do much revision either for when I did it last year. Which others you applied for? And know anyone else in the unit who are applying this year?

Yeah do tell us, I hope we hear back. Your the agent on the inside!

Thanks, I also applied to Nottingham, Southampton and Kings (who already rejected me- probably still bitter because I rejected them first).

From the automatic reply I doubt I'll get a response anytime soon btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I also applied to Nottingham, Southampton and Kings (who already rejected me- probably still bitter because I rejected them first).

From the automatic reply I doubt I'll get a response anytime soon btw!

Ah also have Nottingham down. The work exp form amused me, looked at the describe the placement in 150 characters, for the SJA one I was like...your having a laugh right...

Let me guess something like due to the huge number of applications we are processing we will not be able to discuss individual applications and will take some time to get back to queries type stuff?
Ah also have Nottingham down. The work exp form amused me, looked at the describe the placement in 150 characters, for the SJA one I was like...your having a laugh right...

Let me guess something like due to the huge number of applications we are processing we will not be able to discuss individual applications and will take some time to get back to queries type stuff?

Pretty much that reply yeah. Also I haven't received this questionnaire thing everyone is going on about for Nottingham so I'm taking it as a sign that I won't get in.

On a Liverpool note the interviews for grad med will be MMI because the guy who organises some of the MBiolSci sits on the panel for undergrad told my tutor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty much that reply yeah. Also I haven't received this questionnaire thing everyone is going on about for Nottingham so I'm taking it as a sign that I won't get in.

On a Liverpool note the interviews for grad med will be MMI because the guy who organises some of the MBiolSci sits on the panel for undergrad told my tutor.

Oh wait your GAMSAT was 59 average wasn't it. Yeah the cut off was 61, I barely scrapped through :/

Ooooo insider for the interview there! Any idea what sort of stations they will have (e.g. personal statment, dexterity, role play, etc) or how many there are?
Hey guys,
I am guilty of lurking on this page...but I feel as though it is time to actually get involved and say hi!
Original post by cutie_tootie
Hey guys,
I am guilty of lurking on this page...but I feel as though it is time to actually get involved and say hi!

:bubbles:
:bubbles:

Why hello there :gah:
Fancy meeting you here...
Hey guys,

Lets be honest your probably not the only one lurking haha. Welcome to the party!

How is your application going?
Lets be honest your probably not the only one lurking haha. Welcome to the party!

How is your application going?

True haha. Thanks!

My application is going surprisingly well so far...Got an interview with Swansea!! Over the moon with that as I wasn't really expecting much this year.
Yet to hear anything from Soton and Warwick, but those are definitely long shots with my UKCAT...
Fingers crossed for Liverpool!
This waiting is making me sad...
True haha. Thanks!

My application is going surprisingly well so far...Got an interview with Swansea!! Over the moon with that as I wasn't really expecting much this year.
Yet to hear anything from Soton and Warwick, but those are definitely long shots with my UKCAT...
Fingers crossed for Liverpool!
This waiting is making me sad...

Ah excellent another Swansea interview peep! You going the open day next week? I am literally traveling 4.5 hours down for the 2.5 hour department open day then train back, because why the heck not! Good luck for your other options!

Yeah Really wish we could hear back from liverpool much earlier, though thinking it will probably be mid december before we realistically hear anything. :/
Reply 52
Hello, thought I'd join, applied for Liverpool too!
Original post by lydster1
Hello, thought I'd join, applied for Liverpool too!

Welcome to the party :smile: how have your other applications gone so far?
Reply 54
Welcome to the party :smile: how have your other applications gone so far?

Thanks! Much better than I thought. Have an interview for Leicester 5yr and should have for Georges but haven't go a date yet. My GAMSAT went better that I expected considering how awful my essays were!
Reply 55
Does anyone know how much Liverpool focus on work experience? It's probably my weak area so a bit nervous!
Does anyone know how much Liverpool focus on work experience? It's probably my weak area so a bit nervous!

At the open day they said it doesn't matter how much you've got since they know we're competing with school leavers and that getting a placement can often require you having connections, but they want to see that you've reflected on what you have done.
Reply 57
Original post by SpringNicht
At the open day they said it doesn't matter how much you've got since they know we're competing with school leavers and that getting a placement can often require you having connections, but they want to see that you've reflected on what you have done.

Ah great thank you. I've mostly got community based stuff and one GP placement. I work at the Royal Marsden so trying to get some arranged while I'm here!
Ah great thank you. I've mostly got community based stuff and one GP placement. I work at the Royal Marsden so trying to get some arranged while I'm here!

No worries, I've got GP + working with community mental health recovery service + 5 days of hospital so definitely not as much as some others on here.
Original post by SpringNicht
No worries, I've got GP + working with community mental health recovery service + 5 days of hospital so definitely not as much as some others on here.

If it makes you feel better I only have 2 days in a hospital and 1 with a GP, the rest is through St John ambulance for 5 years and other voluntary stuff. As you say it's how you talk about and reflect on what you have done. That got me an interview at Warwick last year and so far one at Swansea this year so you guy's will be fine no doubt :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending