The Student Room Group

2015 architecture offers ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnabelC3504
Edinburgh is generally higher ranked than the other two, however Sheffield is amazing- the talk that they gave on the open day convinced me to go there, the course sounds so good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Yeah I am aware that Edinburgh is higher ranked than the other two. But it always seems that Sheffield is much favourable by students! Im so in dilemma :/
Original post by Fnadhiera
Thanks! Yeah I am aware that Edinburgh is higher ranked than the other two. But it always seems that Sheffield is much favourable by students! Im so in dilemma :/

I didn't apply to Edinburgh because I didn't want to travel too far. Sheffield is a city-based uni and Nottingham is campus based, so it depends what you prefer! I like the fact that Sheffield was in the city, it felt like you're part of the real world. Whereas at Nottingham, I didn't like how I felt like I was in a bit of a bubble, if that makes sense. The Nottingham campus is very nice though, loads of greenery! Both have good cities and good night life :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnabelC3504
I didn't apply to Edinburgh because I didn't want to travel too far. Sheffield is a city-based uni and Nottingham is campus based, so it depends what you prefer! I like the fact that Sheffield was in the city, it felt like you're part of the real world. Whereas at Nottingham, I didn't like how I felt like I was in a bit of a bubble, if that makes sense. The Nottingham campus is very nice though, loads of greenery! Both have good cities and good night life :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow those are very good points to ponder. No wonder less students travel to Scottish universities. Now I understand :smile:
I got offers from Liverpool John Moores, Northumbria and I'm waiting on Newcastle at the moment :smile:
Original post by Holly Partlett
I got offers from Liverpool John Moores, Northumbria and I'm waiting on Newcastle at the moment :smile:

How long did it take for Northumbria to answer after you sent your portofolio?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lorena Frangeti
How long did it take for Northumbria to answer after you sent your portofolio?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my portfolio to Newcastle, I had an interview at Northumbria just over a week ago, and got an offer within a couple of days.
Wow those are very good points to ponder. No wonder less students travel to Scottish universities. Now I understand :smile:

Yeah, architecture in the UK is quite heavily biased towards the south, ie London.. so northern universities, especially Scottish ones, tend to feel a bit isolated even if the courses are perfectly adequate
Hi, I have a question, I haven't submit my portfolio for Newcastle, but I'm confused with their requirements.

1) Portfolio contain 6-8 separate images in one single PDF file. What does that mean? Maximum 8 slides? Or maximum 8 pictures?

2) If maximum 8 pictures, can I have several artworks in one picture? Example, I take a single photo of 5 sketches, does that count as 1 image of 5 images?
Hey. I got offers from Edinburgh, Sheffield and Nottingham. Im not sure which is the best for me. I hope to attend their open days but i couldnt because im an international student������ Can you guys please help me with your opinions and comments? Thanks a lot ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edinburgh is the best among them, but it takes another year. Sheffield is where I am choosing if I don't get UCL as its entry point is high.
Original post by jinwei0506
Hi, I have a question, I haven't submit my portfolio for Newcastle, but I'm confused with their requirements.

1) Portfolio contain 6-8 separate images in one single PDF file. What does that mean? Maximum 8 slides? Or maximum 8 pictures?

2) If maximum 8 pictures, can I have several artworks in one picture? Example, I take a single photo of 5 sketches, does that count as 1 image of 5 images?

I emailed them before and they basically said 6-8 pieces of work as images.
Original post by audreybitoni
I emailed them before and they basically said 6-8 pieces of work as images.

Thanks for the reply! Does that means it is 1 artwork 1 image? (:
Original post by jinwei0506
Thanks for the reply! Does that means it is 1 artwork 1 image? (:

Yea, that's what I did. Just pick the best ones from your work in a wide range and add annotation and your feeling towards them. Newcastle is not hard to give out offers.
Original post by Holly Partlett
I sent my portfolio to Newcastle, I had an interview at Northumbria just over a week ago, and got an offer within a couple of days.

Oh, ok... So i'll just wait then. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, ok... So i'll just wait then. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

no problem :smile: hope all goes well!
anyone for Northumbria? i'll be accepting the offer on friday - and sorting out accommodation. if there's anyone else who will be going too - we can perhaps keep in contact and see if we land the same halls or something - so keen to meet people!
Original post by audreybitoni
Edinburgh is the best among them, but it takes another year. Sheffield is where I am choosing if I don't get UCL as its entry point is high.

Thank you for your comments😊 Hope you will get the offer from UCL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone offer from manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone offer from manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet. Did Manchester ask to submit portfolio? I didn't get any request
I got an offer from Manchester yesterday :smile: I'm sure they'll reply soon
Not yet. Did Manchester ask to submit portfolio? I didn't get any request

They should have emailed you about that by now
You could double check your email inbox
When did you send your application? I got the portfolio request 2 weeks after my UCAS track account was created

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending