The Student Room Group

A-levels OK for maths degree?

I've just finished my AS' and got:

Maths A 100%
Further Maths A 95%
History A 81%
Geography A 96%

Having not done any science, and two essay subject, will I be at a disadvantage for when applying to the top maths schools?

In addition, or otherwise, should I take both history and geography to A2, alongside maths and further, or just the latter (considering I wouldn't choose history over geography).

Thanks for your help
You'll be fine.
Reply 2
A high grade in Maths and Further Maths is just fine, depending on whether the uni requires you to have studied Further Maths or not. If they don't then they're just going to teach Further Maths concepts from scratch anyway when you start.
Original post by jake4198
I've just finished my AS' and got:

Maths A 100%
Further Maths A 95%
History A 81%
Geography A 96%

Having not done any science, and two essay subject, will I be at a disadvantage for when applying to the top maths schools?

In addition, or otherwise, should I take both history and geography to A2, alongside maths and further, or just the latter (considering I wouldn't choose history over geography).

Thanks for your help

You have maths and further maths which will put you in a strong position. Yes, other people applying will most likely have science a levels as well. As long as you have high grades and are predicted an a* in either maths or further maths you will be fine. Don't worry lovely :smile:
Original post by Lilymelrose
You have maths and further maths which will put you in a strong position. Yes, other people applying will most likely have science a levels as well. As long as you have high grades and are predicted an a* in either maths or further maths you will be fine. Don't worry lovely :smile:

Thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest