The Student Room Group

Can unis see offers by other unis through UCAS?

I've got a few offers. Can universities that haven't responded see these offers somehow via ucas?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dster77
I've got a few offers. Can universities that haven't reaponded see these offers somehow via ucas?

I'm also curious. please help someone.
Simply no. Universities don't know which others you have applied to let alone if you have received offers or not.
Reply 3
Original post by iceangel8
Simply no. Universities don't know which others you have applied to let alone if you have received offers or not.

Ok thanks!!
To add to that, if you get asked about the other places you've applied to at a uni interview you don't have to answer, and you should tell UCAS that you've been asked this.
Original post by iceangel8

I'm not so sure...

Original post by Dster77
I've got a few offers. Can universities that haven't responded see these offers somehow via ucas?

I think they may be able to see whether or not you have an offer on hold.

Last year, I applied to dentistry and got into Queen Mary's waiting list because they could see I had "no available offers" Maybe UCAS informed them I had no offers at the time? But regardless they were able to deduce I had no offers
I believe that unis can only see your other choices once they've all decided whether to reject you or to give you an offer.
Invisibility of choices applies until you REPLY to your offers.

IE when you pick your firm/insurance then all your choices get to see where else you applied, what courses you applied for, whether you got an offer, what the offer conditions where and whether you accepted the offer or not.
Reply 8
Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending