The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

goodLife
It might make it more obvious that he was lying though, its a bit of a quincidence that he was suddenly fired, then again theres not much else for him to say.

I think you're oversetimating the intelligence of this person's friends. Similar intrests similar IQs et al.
Reply 61
Giliwoo
LOL. Good Lord. This is ridiculous.

Its obviously important to him, try making a list of non ridiculous threads on here.
Reply 62
Fluent in Lies
I think you're oversetimating the intelligence of this person's friends. Similar intrests similar IQs et al.

Well saturn did say his team player was 29. im assuming saturn is not this old, well Id be worried if he is.
Reply 63
saturn
Ok I know im in the wrong but if anyone can help me get out of this I;l be really grateful. Basically, call it an excuse if you like, but ive not got good social skills and never know what to say in conversation. I go to football and have lied to a team mate I told him I worked on a shoe stall in the mall and he asked which one so I made it up and he didn't know where I meant so I thought he'd leave it at that. Yesterday he said that he'd looked and that there was no stall where I said so I told him it was elsewhere and he said he would find me eventually. There are a few shoe stalls there but im scared he will ask the owner or something lol. Please help I don't him to know im a liar, I'l never lie again:redface:

just say you've been sacked?
mind you if you don't tell him quickly enough he'll suss out that you're a liar.
when you tell lies as a kid its not really much of a biggy, but at this age you lose a lot of respect by living a lie.
Reply 64
goodLife
Its obviously important to him, try making a list of non ridiculous threads on here.

We pass no judgement on the content of the thread, but on the situation that caused its necessity.
Reply 65
Giliwoo
We pass no judgement on the content of the thread, but on the situation that caused its necessity.

Why judge the situation that caused this then? Just because its rarely heard of.
Reply 66
goodLife
Why judge the situation that caused this then? Just because its rarely heard of.

Because it is rarely heard of. Hence the comic aspect?

Anyway, we suggest as a solution to the aforementioned's trouble, that merely makes light of his fabrication, if this is at all possible. We propose that perhaps he/she should ejaculate a hearty guffaw upon next meeting his inquisitive acquaintance, and say in a suitably jocular tone: "I was just winding you up, you silly moose! And you actually believed me?" Whereupon he must roll his eyes with incredulity, and let the matter rest.
Reply 67
After reading all the posts here... yeah, i'd recommend either saying you were winding him up and seeing how well he knew the mall etc or just say you were fired and would not like to talk about it
Reply 68
Lmao this thread is funny, the replies are just as rediculous at the situation, for instance in the post above phoenixv suggests 'saying you were winding him up and seeing how well he knew the mall'....lmao wtf
Reply 69
Couldn't you just pretend you quit because you wanted something that pays better.....
Or the guys moved his stall
Reply 70
MNBStyle
Couldn't you just pretend you quit because you wanted something that pays better.....
Or the guys moved his stall

It might make him suspect its a lie even more
Reply 71
Sorry people but I still need help with this Ive not been for a while and he mentioned it today, I don't want to be known as a liar so please, I'l rep you or pay you back somehow:smile:
Reply 72
Ok, forget it, I know no one else would post this apart from idiots taking the p*** and im actually being serious :redface: , Ive probably got that social anxiety thing, thanks for the previous replies btw.:cool:
Why lie about something so small
Reply 74
Fluent in Lies

What a crock of ****. Atleast learn to spell before you make such a snobbish comment.
Reply 75
Just say you quit
Try and avoid them for about a week and they should forget, or say that you decided to leave and are looking for another job.
Reply 77
Hello_Kitty
Try and avoid them for about a week and they should forget, or say that you decided to leave and are looking for another job.

I was going to do that but when I sw him again he asked whereabouts it was again so I told him that I meant it was near such a place:rolleyes: Now im worried he will ask the owner or something it would be like him to do that. Im stupid but he knows me quite well and knows the stall hall well too, I originally told him the stall was near such as stall then he came back to me and said 'btw ive looked and there is no stall near there' so I told him the actual stall that I know of :redface: My only hope is that he doesn't ask the stall man. The only thing I can do is to tell him Ive quit, right? Though it will be obvious I ws lying then.
Reply 78
It would take a genius to get out of this, Id just say that Ive left and act dissapointed but still he'l know.

Latest

Trending

Trending