The Student Room Group

Why do young adults dress up for Halloween?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noggins
I don't know if I'm alone on this one, but personally, I find it extremely childish of anybody over the age of 13 who dresses up for this annual yanky-doodle tripe for children. Are they all still mentally about 10? So what do they get out of it in the long run? Free booze at a house party or organised event? Someone try explain it to me, please! :eek3:

I can't speak for everybody else but I (a young adult) dress up for HALLOWEEN because 1) I'm taking my little brothers out trick or treating, it's nice to wear, like, a witches hat and bring me broom or someth and the small people like it 2) I'm with a group of people who are also dressing up... My fave is when I get to dress in skimpy, slutty costumes in public :daydreaming::perv::ahee: but I'm a teeeeeny tiiiiiiny bit of an exhibitionsist anyway :flutter::flutter:
Reply 41
SLLLAAAAAAAGGGGGSSSSS!

I've never liked fancy dress, even as a kid, but I don't think it's inherently childish.
No more so, than playing sport, video games, punching your friend when you see a yellow car, laughing at penis jokes. etc.
Reply 42
Original post by clh_hilary
How 'bout 'Out of the Woods'? Or the entire Speak Now album?

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about
Original post by Steezy
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

I'm talkin' 'bout The Rt Hon The Lord The Duke of America The Voice of Our Generation The Multiple Grammy Awards Winner The Taylor Freakin' I-used-to-be-cuntry Swift.

And I'm also feelin' 22.
Original post by Yeah dude
Lol, angry british kid be angry at us, plus it's all fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

stupid american.. thinking everything was invented in america
They find it fun. :doh: I was invited to a Hallowe'en party in year 11, but I turned down the invitation. :moon:
I'm talkin' 'bout The Rt Hon The Lord The Duke of America The Voice of Our Generation The Multiple Grammy Awards Winner The Taylor Freakin' I-used-to-be-cuntry Swift.

And I'm also feelin' 22.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hdaindak
stupid american.. thinking everything was invented in america

I never said everything was, mellow out dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Y U no say 1 word
Y U no say 1 word

Because I quoted the wrong person, sorry :tongue: plus deleting posts is difficult on mobile version

Posted from TSR Mobile
Killjoy.
Because I quoted the wrong person, sorry :tongue: plus deleting posts is difficult on mobile version

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries. I get to see the full title of The Lord The Taylor Swift, our precious Voice of Our Generation, one more time.
No worries. I get to see the full title of The Lord The Taylor Swift, our precious Voice of Our Generation, one more time.

Uh! does it feature yolo swaggins? He's a pretty good character

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uh! does it feature yolo swaggins? He's a pretty good character

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?
What?

That's what I thought when I saw your comment

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's what I thought when I saw your comment

Posted from TSR Mobile

Say whaaaat?
Say whaaaat?

I meant your comments confuse me, clearly confusion is my counter attack for being confused :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJ1012
SLLLAAAAAAAGGGGGSSSSS!

I've never liked fancy dress, even as a kid, but I don't think it's inherently childish.
No more so, than playing sport, video games, punching your friend when you see a yellow car, laughing at penis jokes. etc.

exactly why i have a yellow car :lol: i see so many people punching each other and it's hilarious, plus i get to punch my friends when i give them a lift:cool:
I meant your comments confuse me, clearly confusion is my counter attack for being confused :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest