The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Sharing rooms at Grey

Hello,

I want to apply to Grey College as the style of it suits me and it's right by my department.

On the Durham Colleges table it says that 8% of first year rooms are shared.

I really don't want to share a room, I can't sleep if I'm sharing a room with anyone, as proven by many many holidays etc.

What are the chances of my sharing a room? Can I request/beg not to?
Reply 1
What are the chances? 8%. Don't worry though, this is a really low figure and you're more than certainly not have to share. If it is a serious concern though, call up the senior tutor sometime after results day and explain you're situation. I'm sure they'll more than understand :smile:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Reiss64
What are the chances? 8%. Don't worry though, this is a really low figure and you're more than certainly not have to share. If it is a serious concern though, call up the senior tutor sometime after results day and explain you're situation. I'm sure they'll more than understand :smile:

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by NYU2012
I know of people who had given medical reasons for having a single room with en-suite. But beyond that, it's lottery. I believe (though I never actually lived in college) that those who share first term to get to switch second term.

Original post by Reiss64

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay so there's no guarantee either way? But I may be able to plead my case?
Reply 3
If not sharing a room is a major priority why not apply to Van Mildert where no one has to share? It's not much further out than Grey. Josephine Butler is also all single but tends to be over subscribed by people wanting self catering.

Quick Reply

Latest