The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Univeristy College Allocations 2023

Does anybody know when Durham University lets us know which college we have been allocated to? :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

The provision allocations should start happening from next week I believe
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
They sent out an email either yesterday or the day before. They start college applications from next week (although these are of course only provisional) and then are sending out an accommodation form from from mid May. Firm college allocation only happens after results day.
If you have firmed Durham already, are you at an advantage when it comes to college allocation? Or is every offer holder treated the same, regardless whether they have firmed, insured or not decided?
Original post by Anonymous
If you have firmed Durham already, are you at an advantage when it comes to college allocation? Or is every offer holder treated the same, regardless whether they have firmed, insured or not decided?

Hiya

Every offer holder is treated the same irrespective of whether you've firmed or insured Durham. The allocation right now is provisional and will be confirmed after results day.

-Himieka
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

Every offer holder is treated the same irrespective of whether you've firmed or insured Durham. The allocation right now is provisional and will be confirmed after results day.

-Himieka

Thank you. It does seem unfair that someone who hasn’t made any decision about firming or insuring could end up with their first choice of college, while someone who has committed to Durham could end up having a choice lower down their list. Would make more sense to prioritise those who’ve firmed the uni…. But that’s just my opinion!!
Reply 6
Thank you. It does seem unfair that someone who hasn’t made any decision about firming or insuring could end up with their first choice of college, while someone who has committed to Durham could end up having a choice lower down their list. Would make more sense to prioritise those who’ve firmed the uni…. But that’s just my opinion!!

Hiya

-Himieka

Do you have an example of the questionnaire form? I've applied to Chad's as my first choice, and I'm just curious as to what kinds of questions they ask you when pairing you with a roommate if you get in
(edited 1 year ago)
Hiya

-Himieka

Hi - is this also true if you have achieved grades?
Reply 8
Original post by clessiec
Does anybody know when Durham University lets us know which college we have been allocated to? :smile:

I think it’s near the start of May🐣
Original post by dylanjm
Do you have an example of the questionnaire form? I've applied to Chad's as my first choice, and I'm just curious as to what kinds of questions they ask you when pairing you with a roommate if you get in

Hi

I'm afraid I don't have a sample questionnaire but some of the questions that I know are asked include what time you wake up/go to sleep, your music taste, whether you're noisy or quiet, etc. I've linked some blogs here that you may find helpful:

https://studentblog.webspace.durham.ac.uk/let-me-tell-you-about-grey/
https://studentblog.webspace.durham.ac.uk/whats-it-like-sharing-a-college-room-2/
https://studentblog.webspace.durham.ac.uk/help-how-do-i-pick-a-college/

-Himieka
Hi - is this also true if you have achieved grades?

Hiya

Yes, this is true for everyone.

-Himieka
Original post by clessiec

Not sure... They sent an email saying allocation would be by the 11th of May latest, but I still haven't heard anything...
Me neither - hopefully tomorrow?
Reply 13
I believe that the college allocations are coming tomorrow. Good luck everyone! :rofl3:Has anyone already got their allocation??? :eek:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 14
Has anyone got their’s yet?
Original post by rhys10101
Has anyone got their’s yet?

Nope, I've been waiting all day:s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by mgblissboss
Not sure... They sent an email saying allocation would be by the 11th of May latest, but I still haven't heard anything...

Me neither, I’m so impatient I just want to know !!
Reply 17
I keep checking my spams🥲
I just got into College of St Hild and St Bede!
Reply 19
I got John Snow☺️

Quick Reply

Latest