The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St Chad's College Offer Holders 2023

Just thought I would start a thread for offer holders who have been provisionally allocated St Chad's and for any of their parents or family members who might have thoughts or questions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Has anyone got any pictures of rooms in Chad’s? Can’t find much online…
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

There’s some on their website

https://www.stchads.ac.uk/accommodation/
Reply 3
There’s some on their website

https://www.stchads.ac.uk/accommodation/

Thank you. They look OK, but hard to imagine what they'll be like when they are stripped bare like that. Are there any videos on YouTube that you've found?
Reply 4
Thank you. They look OK, but hard to imagine what they'll be like when they are stripped bare like that. Are there any videos on YouTube that you've found?

Nope, they have a virtual tour with some other photos on YouTube but they’re also bare
Reply 5
Nope, they have a virtual tour with some other photos on YouTube but they’re also bare

Thank you though for letting me know.

https://www.youtube.com/@pennygeorgianabobby/featured
This is a youtuber who graduated last year. She has some cool day-in-the-life style videos in chad's plus videos of our main college ball candlemas
Just checking in with St Chad's offer holders post results day. Hope everyone got on OK.
Hi yes very excited - just keeping fingers crossed that we get confirmation that we keep our original college allocation.
anyone know of any group chats? hoping to maybe get 2 know some people before move in day
anyone know of any group chats? hoping to maybe get 2 know some people before move in day

Hey! St Chad's Vice-president here. If you check your emails, you should have been sent a pre-arrival handbook and at the end there's a link to a Facebook group to join. Lots of students have joined already. See you soon!
Original post by milo31415926
Hey! St Chad's Vice-president here. If you check your emails, you should have been sent a pre-arrival handbook and at the end there's a link to a Facebook group to join. Lots of students have joined already. See you soon!

idk about others but i definitely haven't had any emails from chads
No I’ve not had any emails from Chads since results 🙁

No email here either; hopefully something will come soon.
No email here either; hopefully something will come soon.

Sorry to hear that! If you haven't received an email you may have been reallocated a different college or there may have been a mistake. Sometimes people enter the parents email into UCAS so it's a good idea to check that too. The best thing to do would be to email [email protected] and they can help you. Hope that helps!
Have Chads definitely sent things out? Nobody has received anything from them and the Uni website says they will confirm colleges in Sept. Would be gutting to be reallocated as exceeded offer by a lot 🙁
Have Chads definitely sent things out? Nobody has received anything from them and the Uni website says they will confirm colleges in Sept. Would be gutting to be reallocated as exceeded offer by a lot 🙁

They definitely sent an email out on Friday. I'd advise emailing [email protected] if you haven't received anything from Durham or any colleges.
I received my handbook a few days ago, but I've been confirmed since last year (deferred place), if that makes any difference
They definitely sent an email out on Friday. I'd advise emailing [email protected] if you haven't received anything from Durham or any colleges.

Someone in the group chat messaged them and they said to not email until wednesday

(there's a deadline for tomorrow though???)
Someone in the group chat messaged them and they said to not email until wednesday

(there's a deadline for tomorrow though???)

I wouldn't worry about the deadline, in the book it says that you have 48 hours to submit if you get it after the deadline, it seems to be affecting a lot of students so the college will be aware

Quick Reply

Latest